Share Your Beauty Secrets

Options
marilla
marilla Posts: 221 Member
What's your favorite beauty secret? Or product that you cannot live without?

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Burts Bees lip balm! can't live without it!
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I can NOT live without my MAC make up......I'm a MAC addict for sure. It's much higher than drug store make up but it's worth it! I don't buy much through out the year but each February when I get my tax return I go buy several items to treat myself. I have some eye shadows that I purchased when I first became a customer of theirs in 2004 that I can still use. Eyeshadow can last forever as long as you clean your brushes regularly! The only thing I don't purchase from them is mascara because I go through that too fast with three teenage daughters and myself. :love:

When I lose ten pounds I am treating myself to three new eyeshadows! :laugh:
  • jcubesmommy
    Options
    High SPF sunscreen on my face. Don't leave the house without it
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Sunscreen. It is a fountain of youth. I don't spend my life in the shade, but I don't bake in the sun. If I AM in the sun, I'm protected.

I wear sunscreen 365 days/year. If it isn't night, the sun is out and can cause damage.

Charmagne
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Castor oil, It makes my skin smooth, when I put it in my scalp and the rest of my hair, it makes it thicker and helps it grow, I also put it in my eye lashes, they make em longer :3
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    Castor oil, It makes my skin smooth, when I put it in my scalp and the rest of my hair, it makes it thicker and helps it grow, I also put it in my eye lashes, they make em longer :3

Interesting.....question I've only seen it in the smaller bottles at the drug stores....where do you find it large enough to be able to use it in those manners?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen, absolutely! I never leave the house without it. I'm also a faithful user of Aveeno lotion and Burt's Bee's Lip Balm! I have lotion and lip balm in my purse, in the car, in my bedroom and in my kitchen. Not kidding.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of daily sunscreen and Burt's Bees as well. I add a drop or two of Sweet Almond Oil (found at health food stores) to my moisturizer. It absorbs well and gives my skin an added boost of moisture.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals! Keeps my skin so nice and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I hate the gross look of liquid foundation. I'm also a big fan of sunscreen. Plus I always wear a hat in the sun.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Tea tree oil, vitamin E oil, and Urban Decay eye make-up. All natural, all cruelty free and almost all of it is vegan.

I tend to go off the beaten path and find alternative products. Right now I love my shampoo. It's by a small east coast company called Eco Sevi. Great vegan stuff, very natural. Leaves my hair soft and clean for days.

Katie
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Interesting.....question I've only seen it in the smaller bottles at the drug stores....where do you find it large enough to be able to use it in those manners?

I don't know where to get them in big bottles but you could try in shops usually where they sell weaves, wigs etc, the usually have lots of hair products.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    i stopped wearing foundation years go. It took my skin awhile to adjust but my skin is sooooo clear now!!!!! And so much easier to maintain. I only wear makeup for special events now.