Frusterated

Options
:explode: ok...so I am on week 3. The first week I lost 6 lbs but nothing since and this week I actually gained a pound...what am I doing wrong?? Someone told me yesterday its my body reorganizing to adjust to the lower calorie intake but I dont now anythng about that :ohwell:

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    From a previous post:

My main goal is to be relaxed and non-obsessive about what I eat and about moving my body. As a former obsessive, I frequently have to combat getting stuck mentally on the ‘small stuff’. Case in point:

When I weigh in and see a number that I’m not happy with (it ‘should’ be lower after how hard I worked this week/how little salt I ingested/how awesome my workouts were/*insert your reason for not liking the number on the scale*), I ask myself if there was a time, ANY TIME, in the past that I would have been thrilled to see this VERY SAME number on the scale.

As a former wearer of a size 20 and a former weigher of 230 lbs, the answer is always “Yes”.

This number would have made me happy two weeks ago/one month ago/one year ago. I refuse to let this number not make me as happy today as it would have made me in the past.

Charmagne
  • carmenrichard
    Options
    From a previous post:

My main goal is to be relaxed and non-obsessive about what I eat and about moving my body. As a former obsessive, I frequently have to combat getting stuck mentally on the ‘small stuff’. Case in point:

When I weigh in and see a number that I’m not happy with (it ‘should’ be lower after how hard I worked this week/how little salt I ingested/how awesome my workouts were/*insert your reason for not liking the number on the scale*), I ask myself if there was a time, ANY TIME, in the past that I would have been thrilled to see this VERY SAME number on the scale.

As a former wearer of a size 20 and a former weigher of 230 lbs, the answer is always “Yes”.

This number would have made me happy two weeks ago/one month ago/one year ago. I refuse to let this number not make me as happy today as it would have made me in the past.

Charmagne

GREAT POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Hi well you are doing very well!Thats a substantial weight loss,Im on about week 6 and I have lost 4lbs,Im doing the best I can but dont seem to be getting any farther,Ive decided Im going to continue with my healthy diet and the weight can take care of itself,if I dont adopt this attitude I would just give up altogether!! Best of luck to you !
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    :explode: ok...so I am on week 3. The first week I lost 6 lbs but nothing since and this week I actually gained a pound...what am I doing wrong?? Someone told me yesterday its my body reorganizing to adjust to the lower calorie intake but I dont now anythng about that :ohwell:

do you know how to make your food diary public? you will get more advice if you make it public...

that's my suggestion.
  • countsplunkett
    Options
    Its is frustating but if you need to loss the weight the weight is frustating.
    What I do is change the food I am eating..I go back and forth. Make sure you are burning calories..Try to eat less calories
  • carmenrichard
    Options

do you know how to make your food diary public? you will get more advice if you make it public...

that's my suggestion.

NO, I dont :ohwell:
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wish this site had a 'like' button as I completely identify with carmen and am completely thankful to charmagne for reminding me of the truth! Thank you.

I have had three weeks where in total I've only really lost 1LB and I too was frustrated but I have made myself carry on.. Still haven't lost any more weight but am determined not to let that be my excuse for falling off the plan. This time. Which is different from before despite the frustration.

Carry on - you're doing great!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I agree 6 pounds in a week is a bit much. If you totally cut calories to the bone then you may have thrown your system off. You have to eat 1200 a day not to go into starvation (and PLEASE believe me cause I only learn everything the hard way). If you don't eat and then move a whole lot your body WILL eventually hold on to what it can get to fuel you.

Either way - you lost 7 pounds over 2 weeks and that's 3.5 a week and that's a large loss.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    To change it to public (which I also just did) you go to the 'my home' and click on settings. You will see at the bottom of the page how to make your diarys what every security setting you want. Good luck and you are doing good so far. It has been 4 weeks and I only lost 2 lbs. LOL. I think I'm toning though since I'm measuring.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My Home
    Settings
    Diary Settings

at the bottom you can choose "friends" "public" or "private"

You do NOT have to feel pressured to share

if you DO choose to share we can help pinpoint your issue.
  • snoopy1107
    snoopy1107 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. It is very frustrating. We just need to keep a positive attitude and smile a lot! Smiling burns more calories :D I have only lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    My Home
    Settings
    Diary Settings

at the bottom you can choose "friends" "public" or "private"

You do NOT have to feel pressured to share

if you DO choose to share we can help pinpoint your issue.

ditto.

(ETA: other people post first or just say it better than I do.)
  • carmenrichard
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • carmenrichard
    Options
    WOW, I just went to reports and looked back...I guess I am not doing as good as I thought I was...But I am definately doing better than I have in the past!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I just realized there was a reports area haha. The things you can learn just by lurking. I am disturbed by my reports my calories are all over the place UP DOWN UP DOWN ...I even have a few BELOW 0....that can't be good. *meep*