Anyone Here with Autoimmune Disease?

Options
Hello! I'm new to the site. I was actually reading a story on Huffington Post and there was a woman who tried this site to get her going on her weight loss.

I'm a working, single mom of 2 kids and 2 furry babies:smile: I work full time and part time so MY time is pretty limited. In addition to that, I have Lupus and Fibro and between being exhausted from work, the sickness or meds, all I can think of when I get time off is to rest a bit! That's another problem...I don't sleep much with the jobs.

So, the best way to start this weight loss journey is by what I put in my mouth!

I lost 30 pounds before and gained it back.

My issue is not binge eating, consuming huge amounts of cookies, cake, etc. My issue is more than likely foods with too much sugar and portion control and I'm a weekend warrior and love Bud Light Lime! :drinker:

I would like to lose 68 pounds, ideally. I'd settle for 45!

Some challenges with us sickies is medication. STEROIDS! While they help with my disease, I have on occasion fallen victim to the intense food cravings!

Also, a grocery budget. I live pretty tight to the belt-well I WISH I could tighten a belt and look good:tongue: - but the cost of fresh foods is going up. My boyfriend is planting a garden as I live in town without a place to plant anything. But the garden won't be ready for a while.

I guess I'm looking for support, mostly. People don't tell me I'm fat or look bad. On the contrary, they tell me otherwise even the truth is, I AM way too heavy.

Would love to know some quick recipes people use? Working like I do does NOT leave a lot of cooking time.

Thanks for listening:wink: