Insanity..... Help

Options
I started insanity almost 4 weeks ago , during that time i lost 2 pounds , but now i gained them back, my eating is good and i eat at least half my exercise calories so why did i gain the 2 pounds back, i'm getting really frustrated and feel like giving up, any help from people that have done insanity is much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    are u eatting enough calories ? do u have a heart rate monitor so that u can know how many cal ur burning ? are u drinking enough water?
  • klaraw
    klaraw Posts: 5
    Options
    Did you take your measurements too when you started Insanity? Are you seeing a change in the way your clothes fit? Muscle weighs more than fat. It's very possible the Insanity workouts are making you gain muscle too while losing fat
  • JenniferMOrtiz
    Options
    I know that the program is supposed to help you shape your body and develop muscle so maybe you have just gained muscle. Do you look different? and losing inches?
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I've been doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid and the scale has been stuck. The body fat is melting away, the cuts are showing and the clothes are looser but the scale isn't really budging. Muscle is DENSER than fat. It does NOT weigh more than fat. So, you may have maintained or gained in the bodyweight department but lost fat if the clothes fit better.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Keep it up....
    If you are doing it correctly and eating good then you are turning fat into muscle
    You will be happy at the end
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I started insanity almost 4 weeks ago , during that time i lost 2 pounds , but now i gained them back, my eating is good and i eat at least half my exercise calories so why did i gain the 2 pounds back, i'm getting really frustrated and feel like giving up, any help from people that have done insanity is much appreciated :smile:

During my first month I gained but once I learned about muscle gain, muscle, soreness, & water intake, the weight dropped off during recovery week.

My inches however changed every week.

My first round I lost 15lbs - it may not seem alot but my body trimmed down alot and my arms were starting to look amazing!

I'm in my second round now - started month 2 - week 1 =)

The dvd you may dread the most is the Max Plyo...lol....I so would rather do Max Cardio than that dvd. Max Plyo is alot of power moves...basically i spen most of my time running in place lol (when I can't do a move I do that or modify it a bit)
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I Don't do the insanity videos but I do a similar class at my gym called "Insane", it's the same concept. I found that ever since I started working out hard I actually gained a couple lb's!!!! However, I have lost inches, my clothes are all loose on me and my body is showing great definition!!! So I guess it is not about the lb's especially if you are in a healthy weight range for your height and age.

Also make sure you are not taking in too many calories.... An exercise routine such as insanity can make you awfully hungry and if you don't watch it, it is very easy to overeat. Since I started watching my caloric intake I have lost a bit of weight.

Good luck and stick with it!!!!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and tips , i will continue to dig deeper and continue on my journey, thanks

Cina04 u said u are on round 2 week 1 , what are your results so far ?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and tips , i will continue to dig deeper and continue on my journey, thanks

Cina04 u said u are on round 2 week 1 , what are your results so far ?

Cina has had awesome results. Check out the pictures on her profile.