Need advice!!!

Options
Just a little history: I worked in a physician's office for 3 years as a medical assistant. Part of my job was coding and entering charges for the office. I LOVED IT!!! I left because I wasn't making any money. The job I have now, I really don't like. It isn't something I see myself doing for the rest of my life. The pay is good and the benefits are great but I'm not happy.

Here is the problem: I have an interview today for a coding job at a billing office. I have talked to the girl who quit and asked her why she quit. She says that they didn't train her that they just threw her in and let her go. Plus the people in the office weren't that friendly. Now I am freaking out and don't know what to do. I am going to the interview but what if I am trading bad for worse. HELP!!

Replies

• Jansapphire
    Options
    Form your own opinion not hers !! Good luck
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    You have to weigh your options, when you go for the interview, ask them about training, and when you are there you can also get a feel for what kind of atmosphere is in the office.
    Good luck to you!
  • paul121703lilly
    Options
    You will get a vibe when you get there and you should trust it. If it feels like the right thing to do especially because you know and would love to do it, Go for it! Good luck with your interview today.:smile:
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Deep breath first.
    Forewarned is fore-armed. You can go into this interview, as to any interview, on your terms. Be positive and open-minded and when it comes time ask the questions about training, personnel evaluation and team building and see what they say. After that you get to choose whether or not you want the position (when, of course, they decide that they want to offer it to you).

It could be that the departing girl has some issues with the job or didn't llike the company - maybe even a little bias on her side. r she could be right, but either way you get to choose what you think.

Shiny shoes, positive attitude, sensible questions and a big smile - and remember they want to talk to you as much as you migh want tto talk to them.

Good luck.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I agree with the above posters - ask about training.

Also - the previous employee may just have a grudge... the people there might have been pleasant and she wasn't!! The important thing is to go with your gut after the interview - does it FEEL like a place you could work? If yes then you are set. :)
  • Dalis2B
    Options
    Form your own opinion is right . Interview goes both ways. Ask questions that address your area of interest and concerns so that your expectations will be realistic.
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I will keep ya posted on what happens.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    ITS ONLY AN INTERVIEW....MAKE UR OWN OPINION.