1st half marathon completed...runners high is real I tell ya

Options
I'm siting back to take a moment out of my busy day to reflect upon the monumental task I just completed........I JUST RAN 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Holy hell! I can't even begin to describe the amount of pride I feel that I ran that far, let alone that fast. I've been on cloud 9 since my husband and I finished that race on Sunday. I'm telling ya runners high is a real thing and it's amazing. I can't remember a time in my life I have felt this great about who I am or the life I have--being fit has such a HUGE part in that. I am continually impressed by what you are able to accomplish is you only put your mind to it, stop making excuses and like nike says, JUST DO IT! 2 years ago I couldn't run 5 minutes let alone a mile....proof that with hard work anything is possible.

I was looking at the pictures from the photographers site, I put in my bib number and up popped a picture of this fit woman running, my first thought was who's that? Ughh, DUH that's ME! I somehow still have this big disconnect in my head about my outward appreance. Next years goal once I finally smash my weight loss goal and drop those last 12 pesky pounds is going to be a whole other kind of goal that has nothing to do with weight but that's a whole other topic.

So as I sit here something dawns on me I can add another title to my long list: Wife, Mommy, Friend, Boss, and now RUNNER!

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I hd the courage to start!" - John Bingham

Replies

• missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Congrats! On Completing your goal!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! I just finished C25K last month and I'm training for my first 5k in December!! I'm so excited to be where you are!! You should be SOOOOO PROUD of yourself!!!!

PS, I love The Penguin! :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! They are addictive! I just finished my 6th half marathon this weekend! Happy running! :laugh: