I'm nervous about the before picture.

Options

Replies

• IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken one three months ago..
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I took a shirtless before pic with my phone and I was going to email it to myself but I didn't because I was terrified that I might accidentally send it to someone else. :noway:
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Okay I've updated my profile picture with my BEFORE pic. I hate it but I did it!! I look horrible :( I didn't realize I was this big...
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I didn't do it and I regret it. I finally did it after I had lost about 25 pounds. 10 pounds one year and another 15 a year later. Then I kept losing.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have no before picture and now I really wish I did.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I actually took a photo yesterday for the first time even though it has been a month since I started this journey. I was unhappy at first with what I saw in the photo,but I know I am actively doing something about it.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Okay I've updated my profile picture with my BEFORE pic. ....

You're braver than I am. Well done
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Go do your workout (whatever it may be), and after you've kicked a** doing it and feel great because of that, taking the picture won't be so upsetting because you JUST did something about it.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm running late for work so I haven't read the other replies but if you are nervous about posting the BEFORE photo, then don't post it but be sure to take it and keep it in a folder on your PC, cell , or somewhere so you can compare the progress!!

Also remember that MEASURING (thighs, waist, hips, chest, shoulder, biceps, etc) will show you better progress than a number on a scale. This is especially true if you do any kind of strength training!

You CAN do this!!

Dave

Starting Weight 244 (April 14)
    Current Weight 225.3 (May29 2014)
    GOAL: 145
  • endermako
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get a cloth measuring tape? I'm going to do measurements on Sunday.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You can get a measuring tape at Jo-Anns, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and probably at Wal-Mart/Target if they sell any sewing supplies. It's called a tailor's tape.

The other option is called a body tape, and they will have something built in to hold the tape in place.

The reason for the difference is tailor's tape pretty much assumes that you will be measuring other people (and are measuring for clothes, so a tiny extra amount is actually good). Body tape is used for fitness measurements and needs to be tight as possible (and frequently done one handed).

Google both names and you will see images to show you the difference.
  • endermako
    Options
    Ah Tailor's tape gotcha. I have a Hobby Lobby next to my son's PreK so I will stop by there after work. This is great I'm feeling lots of motivation today
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I took my before photo earlier this week. I knew it anyway, but it was still shocking! I won't be posting it for a while... and I need one of those measuring tapes, I only have one of the hard ones you use for walls!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You'll appreciate it in a few months. My laptop crashed taking my starting pics with it. I really wish I had those back.
  • Emily_Duncan
    Options
    Here's my issue, what if someone sees the picture that I know, knowing me i'd be incredibly EMBARRASSED!!!!! :cry:
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I did worry that my phone might sync up with Facebook and just post them!
  • drumbum77DW
    drumbum77DW Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Everyone I've known who hasn't taken a before pic has regretted it. Let it be your motivation. Ryansmom said it best. You can do it!!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You just take it. Then you say, "I'm never going to look like this again!" And you start your new life.....

^
    ^

I still hate my "before" pictures but I'm glad I saved them ...... I often compare them to my "during" pix ......

And someday I'll be able to compare to my "after" pix as well ...... it's all good :drinker:
  • CLDeyette
    CLDeyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    With feelings of dread, I took my Before picture when I joined MFP. I was embarrassed, disgusted, saddened. 2 months and 15 lbs later I took a During pic and then compared the two. I was amazed and thrilled and so much more motivated. Best of luck to you!
  • 4fee
    4fee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had mine taken today & I was not happy with my self, but to actually see myself fully gave me motivation to change.