Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!

Thanks. I know my post may seem contradictary, but it does state it is a rant!!

You are all laughable. You click on my post for what reason??

Speaking for myself, I click on these threads because they are always so entertaining. :smile:
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx
    These threads always get started because someone disagreed with the OP in some other thread, so please OP link us to the thread of "rude" people who have scorned thee
    8lo2n5.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1302456-bread-what-is-a-healthier-substitute

You're welcome!

I'm sifting through page 3 and have yet to find anything mean... surprise, surprise.

When they start talking about eating disorders. The comments weren't directed towards me, i hardly commented. I was refering to the way people communicate.

Some say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... Just saying

tumblr_m1vtviM5LP1qihztbo1_250.gif
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    OP, if you are so disgusted with the forums, you should use google instead.

These types of threads have been started so many times, they never end well. A lot of the reason people are "rude" is because people come in here asking for advice, and when they don't hear what they want to hear, they get defensive and crae crae. That gets old, and so people just start poking fun at them instead. Most times, it is deserved. Of course, you do run into some complete jerks on here, but there are jerks everywhere in the real world. I suggest you grow a thicker skin for the internet and for life period. :flowerforyou:
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options

My post wasn't meant to offend either, but obviously it did.

Yes, it did.

And if you thought that the wording was perfect and therefore wouldn't offend anyone or make them react negatively...well.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Anyone on MFP who isn't whiny and oversensitive?
    oooiknow-1.gif
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

Yup, and they're all on my FL
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    OP deacto yet?
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!

Thanks. I know my post may seem contradictary, but it does state it is a rant!!

You are all laughable. You click on my post for what reason??

Speaking for myself, I click on these threads because they are always so entertaining. :smile:

Hey....at least while we're here we're not snacking, right? Distraction = good weight loss! Whoo!
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have seen this post before posting in the forums. Im sorry for not keeping my opinion to myself. All of my experience and wisdom should be kept locked up inside my head. I must remember to only speak when spoken to and give precise information and answers to what is explicitly being asked. Whew for a minute there I thought I might have to actually think for myself and not like a mindless automoton repeating everything Dr Oz has ever taught me.

Thank you OP for keeping me in line. :flowerforyou:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    This is such a messy thread. yikes
    Indeed. I demand order. Everyone who thinks everyone else is rude and arrogant has hereby been put in pile A. Everyone who thinks not everyone else is rude and arrogant has hereby been put in pile B. Pile A consists of fewer than a handful of people, I counted, and Pile B is like fifteen people in a MiniCooper.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    This is not going to end well.

3OXSOKw.jpg
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This is not going to end well.

3OXSOKw.jpg

Hey, how did you get my picture?
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    In before the lock.
    And for bunny gifs.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Nope...only rude and arrogant people. I like it.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Of course, there are!

I have a wonderful, strong supportive group of friends and we cheer one another on, and encourage one another when we aren't doing as well as we would like.

I think you just have to find those people on your own.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Im not rude or arrogant, im perfect you p***k!
    julie-andrews-gif-julie-andrews-practically-perfect-in-every-way-mp.gif?w=326
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I tried to be rude and arrogant once... Did fit me well at all... Went back to just being me... :)
  • whitebalance
    Options
    I wish I would have seen this post before posting in the forums. Im sorry for not keeping my opinion to myself. All of my experience and wisdom should be kept locked up inside my head. I must remember to only speak when spoken to and give precise information and answers to what is explicitly being asked. Whew for a minute there I thought I might have to actually think for myself and not like a mindless automoton repeating everything Dr Oz has ever taught me.

Thank you OP for keeping me in line. :flowerforyou:
    so+nice+this+post.gif
  • whitebalance
    Options
    In before the lock.
    And for bunny gifs.
    nBJPU7L.gif

image0013641644747738bowbh.gif

hQZZg.gif
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    nBJPU7L.gif

Look at that face....look at those eyes...planning 100 ways to kill a human.....