Fallen off wagon but not gaining weight

Options
I fell off the wagon a month or more ago and despite a few jump starts (1, no more than 2, days at a time) can't get back on it.

Problem is I am not gaining any weight which is making it harder to stop eating junk.

I lost 20-25 lbs in a month by following MFP religously. I didn't eat especially well but watched calories and had insane success dropping weight.

I got to and am still hovering between 190 and 195 in spite of having gone back to eating Lord only knows how many calories per day. Tons of Mountain Dew, candy, pizza, junk in general.

Based on how far I fell off the wagon you'd think I would weight 220 again but I don't.

A large part of why I was so successful the first time around was I was constantly posting my weight loss numbers of Facebook and getting tons and positive response both online and in person. I finally reached a point where I thought I was wearing people out with the posts so I stopped. Not to mention that I had more or less reached my weight goal.

Starting again today and am going to try and stick with it like I did in the beginning ..

New goal is 185 and a flat stomach ..

Starting weight today is 195.

Replies

• mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You can do this...and I haven't connected this to Facebook yet but does it update on facebook every time you post here? Or just went you weigh in? I understand you not wanting to 'bother' them but if they are your friends you shouldn't be a bother. Keep plugging away and be sure to check in often for support we all know it works better with encouraging words. :)
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i am with here but i feel the weight slowly coming back. I followed MFP and 42 lbs ( i believe it was 42) stopped logging on gained it all back except 9 lbs, came back to MFP lost 48 lbs, once again stopped logging on and now i feel the weight creeping back and I am struggling also to get back on track it is so frustrating. I wake up with a positive attitude about it and by evening i am eating pizza, drinking pepsi and sitting in front of the tv. Makes no sense. I have a friend staying with me right now and she is not overweight so for her to do the things we do in the evening is ok but it is NOT for me. I am going to let her know this morning that i am back on MFP and to hide the junk LOL!!! I can really relate to where you are. Hang in there and I am going to do the same. thanks for posting, lets me know i am not alone in this struggle. have a great day
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Welcome back! We're here for you, support is important with all the Holiday temptations coming up
  • jamesrreed
    jamesrreed Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tina - You have a lot of options as far as Facebook integration. You choose what types of information you want it to relay to Facebook. I chose to have it post when I lost weight.

During that first run though I weighed in and updated MFP every day. I think I lost weight 25 of the first 30 days so you can imagine the number of Facebook posts that generated.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    I did the same thing,fell off for three months and only gained 1 lb back,then started noticing a few more lbs gained.Be carefull brother it will catch up to you.I got back on about two weeks ago,I still need to loose another 20 and I think the off period was a good test to see if once I loose it I can maintain it.also I think it's good to schock the metabolism to avoid the plateaus.Sounds like we need to get back on track,winter comin on quick,lots of deer huntin camping trips and of course the holidays.

Best of luck to you!
  • jamesrreed
    jamesrreed Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Having reset the counter/ticker is already working.

That ZERO is a LOT more motivating than the 25 that used to be there.

Honestly, the big number was a mixed blessing if not de-motivating factor. It's not like I forgot I lost 25 lbs but seeing that number of the screen gave me a false sense of ongoing success.

Sucks to be back on 0 but glad I reset it. That and your kind comments (thank you). Feeling better, more motivated already ..
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Be happy you're a MAN!!! ;-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    at least you caught yourself before you gained back all your weight you worked so hard to lose
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    During that first run though I weighed in and updated MFP every day. I think I lost weight 25 of the first 30 days so you can imagine the number of Facebook posts that generated.

How about trying to weigh in only once a week. You get a more accurate measurement of your weight that way anyways.
  • nikkirhea1
    Options
    Logging in here denitely helps but it needs ot be more accessible. It is difficult for me to log in during the day when I am not sitting in front of a computer. For some reason I am unable to post on blackberry and it takes forever anyway. of course I may not know what I am doing. If I post on facebook will it post to my information directly?
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have lately been doing the Facebook thing too. I have noticed that people like to see it and have been asking for suggestions on losing weight also! People that don't want to see it can just ignore it so I wouldn't really worry about that. Maybe you can just weigh in once a week or 2 times a month to cut down on the posts? Good luck and I am glad to hear that you have not gained any weight.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Think of this as a new start and don't look back at what you did just now what you are going to do. I think your friends would be glad to get posts that you are doing so well. If they don't want to see it, they can block the application (and no it will not block your other posts). You did so well the first time I'm sure you will do great this time. FYI, it sounds like that last few pounds are the hardest so don't get discouraged.