Today's my 1st day...

Options
2»

Replies

• butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I know your pain. I'm back on here to lose weight again. We can do this. Julie :smile:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    There will be bad days
    There will be bad weeks
    There may even be bad months

The key is dusting off, and getting back at it.
  • Kari_1927
    Kari_1927 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome!

Thanks so much!
    I love those shows too, but have decided to not install cable for the summer months and focus on outdoor activities for now. I might have to log on through the internet and have a peek every once in awhile, I can see how they would help motivate a person :)

That's a good idea. I have this problem with the internet sometimes... I'll be all motivated and active, but then I sit down to check something on the computer and I instantly get tired and lazy and just want to surf for a while. I think this site will be good for me if I can just check in, give some support and get back to what I was doing

I'll send a friend request :)
  • ut0pia88
    ut0pia88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today is my first day too. I was shocked at the scale yesterday after months of avoiding it and eating without paying attention. I will send you a friend request if you don't mind, I would love following your journey!
  • Veryme
    Veryme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, it is my first day too. Never done something like this - time to try:)) was gaining weight over last year, watched myself getting fat. But after some short" eating carefully " would go to party... Sport doesn't help, since I eat more after ... And yes, my friends would say, you look fine... But I understand them. What do I say in their place? Not sure... But now gave to lose almost 30 ibs.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for your journey! Sometimes I feel like every day is my first day! Eep!
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place totally helps a lot if you use it right. Anyone here can add me as a friend if they want.
  • KirstieRann
    KirstieRann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ... today is my first day of MFP too. Like others, my weight has gradually crept up on me and although I have known I needed to do something about it for so long, I haven't for a number of reasons including looming redundancy and just not been in the right frame of mind to start weight loss programme.

I have never really been comfortable with how I look but now I realise back then, being 2 stone lighter I should have been! Having looked at my wardrobe at the weekend and discovered lots of lovely clothes that I can't fit into, I have decided to get myself into the right frame of mind and have signed up!

Ideally I'd like to lose 2+ stone but anything will be a bonus! Wishing everyone good luck on their weightloss journey!
  • Gabillysmommy
    Options
    I love what you said. I try to think of this like every day is a new day. If a made a mistake yesterday, tomorrow will be better. This is not a diet. This is a life style change so I'm going to go a wedding abd possibly eat that piece of cake ; hopefully I will have some banked calories but if I don't I won't hate myself. I'll fix it tomorrow. I can't lose sight of the big picture, which is my health, and need to lose weight. Somewhere underneath these excess pounds is a healthy person. I'm gonna get there. Mfp totally motivates me....... I hope that it helps you all the way it helps me!!!
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change is exactly right. It's not a diet - diets never last. And to me it's not about depriving yourself, it's just about being more aware of what you're putting in, and balancing it better. I've only been doing it nine days (and I haven't weighed myself since Sunday, which is the day I'm going to weigh, so I have no idea if I've lost anything) but I already feel the benefit, even though my body's still adjusting to me not being a snack fiend, eating really late at night and using ready meals as a crutch.
  • Veryme
    Veryme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your progress is so encouraging ! Thank you.