Tips for very unfit girl lol ???

Options
natstar26
natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
subject says it all, I love playing sports but now at this weight oh god haha I moved from Australia to Canada and they have no local netball teams booo lol I do go for walks and do zumba at home. Any other ideas of things I could do with my toddler, as I am a f/t stay at home mum :) i don't mind cardio but running kills me lol

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What do you enjoy doing that elevates the heart rate for a prolonged period of time while activating muscles throughout your body? Skate ... dance ... walk ... learn to run (it isn't as simple as trying to go fast if you want to do it regularly) .... bike ... hike .... swim ... play hockey (the Australian women's team needs the help ... then again, so do the Oilers). When looking for new cardio activities, the key is to find something that is enjoyable so you keep doing it and produces an aerobic benefit.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When my kids were small, when they were in the bathtub, I would do exercises, such as strength training with exercise bands. I would do them right there in the bathroom and hallway so I could always keep an eye on them. They amused themselves in the tub, so it was a great time for me to work out.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    What about getting a couple of DVD's to do at home? Maybe something such as 30DS. Or you can find loads of short workouts on fitness blender.
  • FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to canada! There are some really great fun challenges on tribesports that might help. I also like the idea of DVD"s…I started with Biggest Loser DVD's from walmart…less that $10 each. Moved on to others P90X over time. Find another sport you love to do? Find a workout buddy?
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I like to play JustDance on the Wii with my son :)

I always work up a sweat.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thanks, yer i usually do zumba with my little one (she likes to dance) and squats, push ups ect and taking her to park and going for walks. Guess im just bored and want some variety lol