Replies

• sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you look great!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post...it;s great and your progress proves the need for finding what works for yourself, I am inspired :flowerforyou:
  • rileyp956
    rileyp956 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Well done, wishing you the best on your journey.
  • charlottegolby1983
    Options
    Well done to you, You look a to healthier and good on you of not getting tied up in counting and just living a healthly life style. Best of luck to you as you continue and it does not look like you have much further to go anyway.. just keep it up!! well done.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well done! So inspiring.

I agree with you about the calories. When I first joined MFP, it helped me tremendously, but I got obsessive about it, and felt like crap whenever I would come in over my daily calories. Now that I have a pretty good idea of how many calories are in the foods I eat, and just try to get more of the RIGHT foods, and regular EXERCISE of course, I feel confident of my own judgment and ability to decide what food I eat or don't eat.

You look great, and you clearly have the right idea about weight loss. Thanks for sharing.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Thanks for the long post. I like reading about someone's entire journey...how they got to be overweight, the day change stuck, the way the change looked and how they feel now. Thanks for all the inspiration! Go, Girl!!!
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good job! Wat exercises did u do for the back fat?
  • walk147
    walk147 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experiences ... fantastic, inspiring!

Keep it up, you've "cracked the code"!

:wink:
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • qtina67
    qtina67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story most of all the pictures.. Thats awesome. I am on day three but day one again really. I have a hard time at night eating.

Thank you so much it has inspired me to want to lose.

Tina
  • alyssaa03
    alyssaa03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good job! Wat exercises did u do for the back fat?

I believe I owe a lot of my progress to the mighty deadlift! :tongue:
    I don't try and spot reduce though, my workouts are total body weightlifting routines which I think is a key factor, besides nutrition, for overall fat loss!

Thank you everyone! Such an amazing and supportive community, no wonder everyone here has such success! Good luck to you all, you deserve to be the best you possible :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bethanycombs
    bethanycombs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Thanks! Question: how did you know what lifting exercises to do? I'm new to the lifting world but really want to get into it...
  • alyssaa03
    Options
    Wonderful story! Thanks! Question: how did you know what lifting exercises to do? I'm new to the lifting world but really want to get into it...

Thank you!!:smile:

Great job on taking that step! You won't regret it!
    I guess through all my failed attempts before, I had done lots of online research and had come to the conclusion that I needed a heavy lifting routine that focused on total body instead of body part splits and I wanted it based around compound lifts (deadlifts, squats, bench press etc.) So I just used what online resources I had to find one that seemed simple enough for a beginner yet could be effective in the long run! Start simple is my advice, because even before when I tried New Rules Of Lifting For Women it seemed to get too complex and focused on too much weird accessory work for me (for lack of better way to put it haha)

There are tons of free beginner programs out there, just choose one to suit your needs but make sure they incorporate the basic compound lifts! I would also suggest to watch videos on each exercise you're doing as form is CRUCIAL in preventing injury.
  • alyssaa03
    Options
    Well done! So inspiring.

I agree with you about the calories. When I first joined MFP, it helped me tremendously, but I got obsessive about it, and felt like crap whenever I would come in over my daily calories. Now that I have a pretty good idea of how many calories are in the foods I eat, and just try to get more of the RIGHT foods, and regular EXERCISE of course, I feel confident of my own judgment and ability to decide what food I eat or don't eat.

You look great, and you clearly have the right idea about weight loss. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly! Mfp helped to open my eyes about what was in foods I was eating, and even those "healthy packaged foods" which to my horror were not healthy at all! But in the end, the numbers won and I felt like obsessing was just as unhealthy for me, so I stopped logging. Now that I've traded packaged foods for whole nutrient dense ones, I know I can breathe easy because regardless of calories, I'm fuelling myself properly.

Isn't it a great feeling to be so in control?! Ah I love it! Just knowing that I AM making the right choices for myself and can be accountable without writing it down is HUGE for me.

Congrats to you for finding your balance! :bigsmile:
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    great job girl!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing...Good work
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow this is really amazing! What is your weight lifting routine?
  • garrywb
    garrywb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!