The "War on Fat"

Options
SAR1L
SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
Over three years now I have been on this website, I have been up to 285 and down to 215. Right now I am at 255 working my way down once again for the 3rd time over a 10 year period. I feel like obesity is not something you really conquer, but you live and fight every day.

I am not back yet to where I want to be, I know I will be in just a few months, I have done it before.
But I am definitely not ashamed of what I accomplished, or discouraged from doing it again.

I am curious how many of your are veterans in a war on fat?
How many years have you been struggling?
How many times were you lb's away from your goal, and fell nearly all the way back?
How many of you are going at it with health problems?
How many of you have support of your family/loved ones?

Just like to hear other stories.

Replies

• Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world Bro I have been up to 270 and down to 190 twice and guess what here I go again this time god willing I won't break and ruin all the work I am doing good luck stay focused and kill it bro.
    I currently have high cholesterol and high blood pressure about a year and a half ago I had a Bilateral hip replacement and I am still rehabilitating due to surgical mishaps like a staph infection and damage to my tendon in my right leg, so yea I have physical challenges and health problems. as far as family support Hell yes my son has currently lost 120+pounds and the wife and I are doing this together.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've bounced between 130's & 224 over the years. I honestly don't think I'll ever fully have a relationship with food where I can purely think of it as "fuel".

However if I can maintain my focus on exercising it makes a big difference for me - but life being what it is I've ran the gauntlet from incorporating a lot of exercise to going practically sedentary a few times too.

All you can do is keep on chipping away at it and hoping for the best. Oh! and as I've now hit 35 I also worry about core strength and preventing osteoporosis way more than I did in my twenties too.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world Bro I have been up to 270 and down to 190 twice and guess what here I go again this time god willing I won't break and ruin all the work I am doing good luck stay focused and kill it bro.
    I currently have high cholesterol and high blood pressure about a year and a half ago I had a Bilateral hip replacement and I am still rehabilitating due to surgical mishaps like a staph infection and damage to my tendon in my right leg, so yea I have physical challenges and health problems. as far as family support Hell yes my son has currently lost 120+pounds and the wife and I are doing this together.

Just read this through and wanted to say wow! fantastic loss on your sons part. And sounds like the physical side has definitely made things much harder for you. Wishing you good luck on your goals.