Training Shoes

Options
So I am about to buy another new pair of training shoes that I can use for running, Zumba, and circuit training with weights. Has anyone used Ryka shoes? If so, which ones do you like? I'll take other shoe suggestions as well.

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Nike Fitsole Lite Runs that I use for running and general purpose. I deadlift barefoot and use a pair of Wei Rui Warriors for squats and oly lifts.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Ryka running shoes that are just my random sneakers - basically for wearing out and about or on my way to Spin class. (When I run, I run in Newtons, and when I Spin, I wear cycling shoes.)

Naturalizer sells them, and I got them during a clearance sale with free shipping. They cost me all of $6.

Shortly after I bought them, I noticed that some small seams started coming apart. I couldn't be too upset because I literally only paid a few bucks for them, and when it comes to most things (except MFP), you get what you pay for. I'd have probably sought out a refund from either Naturalizer or Ryka if I'd paid more than $20 for them or used them for a specific purpose (running).

I still have them because I don't wear them a lot, nor do I expect any real performance out of them. They are nice-looking sneakers. But point being, if my shoes are representative of Ryka's quality, I'd suggest that you spend your money elsewhere.

Edited for typo
  • loveuJ
    loveuJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes i have use rykas they are the only ones i buy for aerobics,i like the N-Gage. as for running i like asics. Hope this helps out