Macro Ratio/Calorie Intake

Options
I am struggling a little bit with a good macro ratio for myself, as well as calorie intake. I am 5'7, 134 pounds and just getting into lifting. Right now I am at 45f/35p/20f and 1740 calories per day. I am really struggling with getting that much protein (152g) and some have suggested I tweak my macros a bit. What does everyone suggest? Any female weightlifters have any diet tips for a beginner?

Replies

• JenniferBabec
    Options
    Hi Whitney

I am on my 4th week of strength training. Have you used any protien shakes yet? THat is a great start. I am at 50C/25p/25f for my first and second phase. I am still getting it check with my calories. I always ate clean now make sure the right combo of food? I use Shakeology and a scoop base shake for my protein in the morning. I workout empty stomach and protein shake after wards. What about you?
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like 40/30/30.

We buy the larger bags of turkey jerky from Sam's, protein powder, eggs for breakfast, 0% fat Fage, cottage cheese, and usually some chicken with dinner. Sometimes peanut butter. Occasionally a Quest bar when we're out and about or feeling lazy.