A Blender Question.

Options
13»

Replies

• drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I bought my 1100 watt Ninja blender for $140 and I guarantee its already paid for itself. However I've seen the 1000 watt Ninja at best buy on sale for $100. I cant tell you how much I love this blender. I can make almost ANYTHING in it. Shop around and keep an eye out for sales! Even check places that you might not think like Kohls and Macy's. They usually have decently priced kitchen items.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I bought the $30 Oster from Costco and that seems to do the trick for me. I suspect the $100 ish Ninja they have there MIGHT be better for smoothies because they have high and low blades which would help with the movement of thick stuff but I have heard not so great things about the Ninja's motors failing so I went cheap (just a few isolated reviews, nothing horrible, just made me cautious of spending $100).

A big part of the equation is just figuring out how to work with what you have. I make pretty thick smoothies in mine and a lot of it has to do with how the ingredients are put in and how long to blend things for. Does no good for me to mix something up that's too thick to fit up a straw and my $30 blender can blend to maximum straw capacity.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've used a Cuisinart (about $100 blender several years ago), a classic Oster $39 blender, Ninja (400 watt, early version), a BlendTec (graduation gift to my daughter) and VitaMix (the shorter version that goes under the counter) and my hands down favorite for smoothies and blended drinks is the VitaMix. I would recommend saving the $100 you're going to spend on a Ninja and put it toward a Vitamix. You won't be disappointed 10 years from now...these things are workhorses.

Here's the model I bought. It's $399 and available for 4 interest-free payments on QVC. Free shipping.

http://www.qvc.com/Vitamix-Creations-II-48-oz.-12-in-1-Variable-Speed-Blender.product.K38242.html?sc=K38242-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-K38242&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/k/42/k38242.001?$uslarge$

I bought this Vitamix almost 5 years ago and it is the best kitchen tool I've ever owned. I've never had a problem but I hear that Vitamix has amazing customer service and warranty.