finding it so hard....

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
i just seem so stuck... ugh... all of last year i maintained my weight, yeah me!!! then this year i thought i woudl change up my exercise routine... ( last year did clx and t25) so i got p90x3. well i did that for 2.5 months, i gained 1/2 inch on my hips and 5 lbs plus went up 1% in body fat! ugh... which iwhy i changed programs as i wanted to lose more body fat, not gain it??? I have been trying so HARD to lose that weight and get back to where i was last year but now it's almost june and still no movement!!! not what i wanted or expected, not sure why nothing has changed..... I went back to clx 2 wees ago, so i know i need to give it more time as i just started week 3 today. (of course i gained 3 lbs since starting it too).. I haven't changed my eating habits at all, still log, measure and weight everything! the last 4 months of last year i even stopped logging and still maintained my weight and measurements/ body fat... but yet this year logging and everything i just can't seem to budge back down? sorry to vent, but i had to get it off my chest.. i never thought it was going to be so hard, especially since it seemed so easy all of last year.....

Replies

• WLG1974
    WLG1974 Posts: 90
    Options
    Excuses
  • lin7604
    Options
    Excuses??? what excuses? i'm being honest... i log everything, measure and weigh all my portions, exercise at least 5 days a week and i have gained this year instead of maintain???? how is that excuses?
  • mRoss27
    mRoss27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Add me and message me your macros and your training routine and I promise I can fix whatever is holding you back.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Excuses

If you have nothing useful to say, then maybe you should refrain from commenting. Just an idea.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked recently?
  • TheWorstHorse
    TheWorstHorse Posts: 185
    Options
    i just seem so stuck... ugh... all of last year i maintained my weight, yeah me!!! then this year i thought i woudl change up my exercise routine... ( last year did clx and t25) so i got p90x3. well i did that for 2.5 months, i gained 1/2 inch on my hips and 5 lbs plus went up 1% in body fat! ugh... which iwhy i changed programs as i wanted to lose more body fat, not gain it??? I have been trying so HARD to lose that weight and get back to where i was last year but now it's almost june and still no movement!!! not what i wanted or expected, not sure why nothing has changed..... I went back to clx 2 wees ago, so i know i need to give it more time as i just started week 3 today. (of course i gained 3 lbs since starting it too).. I haven't changed my eating habits at all, still log, measure and weight everything! the last 4 months of last year i even stopped logging and still maintained my weight and measurements/ body fat... but yet this year logging and everything i just can't seem to budge back down? sorry to vent, but i had to get it off my chest.. i never thought it was going to be so hard, especially since it seemed so easy all of last year.....

if you'd like help or feedback, you need to open your diary so folks can see how you are logging. if you are gaining weight you are either (a) in a calorie surplus, (b) in a calorie surplus and adding muscle, or (c) have a medical issue. if you are gaining weight and it is body fat, the most likely answer is (a) but you should see a doctor if you think there is any possibility of a health problem.

accurate logging isn't hard but requires weighing (with a scale) everything you eat. if you are off ten or fifteen percent on the calories in side *and* not getting accurate data on your exercise calorie burns (likely unless you are doing steady state cardio exercise) it is pretty easy to be in a calorie surplus.

my suggestions: open your diary so other folks can take a look and offer suggestions. make sure you've calculated your calorie needs correctly (search the threads here, there are lots of posts on how to do this). take any calorie burn estimate you are getting from an HRM or equipment with a grain of salt and look at alternative calorie burn estimates for the workouts you are doing. in the short term, you might take whatever your HRM says, cut it by twenty percent, and see how things go over the course of three or four weeks.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I love when that happens

Wait, wat?
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm confused.

You just started back with tracking and exercising 2 weeks ago? Have you considered the possibility that you're seeing weight gains due to water retention, with the changes to your activity?
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Excuses
    This.

Why do people make threads like this? Do they think we can help them?

How bad do you want it mayne.
  • lin7604
    Options
    i do have a thyroid issue and i had my blood tested back in Jan and it was perfect! i know i still have many many symptoms even though my blood has been perfect, so i am unsure what else it could be. My dr did a whole tons of tests in jan and besides my thyroid, i am b12 deficient and i get b12 shots every 3 weeks plus i am iron deficient and i am taking a supplement for that too.

i didn't start logging and exercising back 2 week sago, maybe i didn't word it right... i have always exercised but i changed back to the program i was doing last year which i was maintaining at all of last year and seen the best results with.... Last year i did clx then t25 and then back to clx plus ate 15-1700 cals. i logged from jan till sept. Then i wanted to see if i coud do it on my own, so i stopped logging from sept to dec. I maintained my weight, body fat etc...
    In jan i thought i needed to change up my program so my body wouldn't get used it my routine, so at the end of jan i got p90x3. I started logging again and followed the program. I did it for 2.5 months and no change except i gained 5-7 lbs and 1/2 inch on my hips and body fat went up 1%.... I didn't want to be a quitter, so i kept pushing to finish the program, but i did end up stopping because it wasn't helping. So i stopped x3 and now gone back to clx, which i started week 3 of yesterday. still logging. does that make more sense.... i know the 3 lbs i have gained since starting clx is just temporary from starting to lift heavy again but even if i take that 3 lbs off, i am still up, can't get past 116 at all and it's for a day or two then back up to 118. but what bugs me more then the weight is my body fat up 1%... i was trying to reduce it not gain....

when you have a thyroid issue, it's frustrating because you never know if you gains are from your thyroid messing up or if it's actually because of my exercise program, too little cals or too much.. i was very shocked that x3 didn't work for me at all. but i know not all programs are for everyone. I feel like it was a waste of time and it was a huge set back, i'm starting back to where i was when i started clx the beginning of last year...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It's the only way I want to find it.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If you have known thyroid issues and you're having symptoms despite accurate numbers, ask the doctor to switch you to a different pill. When I switched from the generic to name brand it did wonders for me. The weight just started sliding off.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Yes I think the one I am on now is name brand not generic anymore but I will double check. I don't get to see my dr till July 24, do it will be a whole 6 months of this....

"It's the only way I want to find it."..... ?????? Explain???
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    "It's the only way I want to find it."..... ?????? Explain???

el oh el
  • lin7604
    Options
    Not sure what mean
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Not sure what mean

I'm just guessing here, but I think she was making a dirty joke about the title of the thread and part of the male anatomy. Took me a minute to get it, too :)
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

Happens to me daily, right after I wake up.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Excuses

Did you even READ OP's post? Ignoramous.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options

HERO
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

HERO

tumblr_n4enkrmsw91qkxtdao1_250.gif