leg pain while running

Options
When I run my legs hurt. It's not my shins or the back of my calf but the inside of my lower legs. In between the calf and shin. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Are you taking in enough Potassium? Are you drinking enough water? I would start there. Are you running in running shoes or cross trainers? Running shoes are very important. Have you have your stride analyzed to see which type of runner you are?

Trying to help . . . :flowerforyou:
  • josh6603
    Options
    Check your running shoes. I had pain in that same area for awhile. I bought a new pair of running shoes and it went away. My old ones were worn out completely. Went from one pair of Nike Shox to another, so it wasn't the style that was hurting my legs.
  • madballjs
    Options
    i would look into having someone analyze your stride. i did at a store called Fleet Feet. they will tell you what type of runner you are and what you should use as far as shoes and insoles for your shoes to correct the way you run. it might be caused from the way your heal lands when you running and is pulling on the muscle more then it would other wise. hope this might help you in some way. call around to your local running shoe store (one that is dedicated to running shoes) not a store that sell sporting goods. they my have someone that can help you with this or point you in the right direction.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i would look into having someone analyze your stride. i did at a store called Fleet Feet. they will tell you what type of runner you are and what you should use as far as shoes and insoles for your shoes to correct the way you run. it might be caused from the way your heal lands when you running and is pulling on the muscle more then it would other wise. hope this might help you in some way. call around to your local running shoe store (one that is dedicated to running shoes) not a store that sell sporting goods. they my have someone that can help you with this or point you in the right direction.

Agreed! I got my stride analyzed at Roadrunner Sports.
  • 512dude
    Options
    Better yet read "Born To Run" by Chris McDougal and find out about bare foot running and how running shoes can sometimes do more damage than good. You can also Google 'Barefoot Ted' and see what he says.

Massage and hydrotherapy help - both of which you can do yourself.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had my gait analyzed and it turns out that when I run my feet turn outward. So my big toe is doing all the work pushing off the ground. So the muscle from my big toe up is getting strained with every step.

Thanks everyone! I would recommend getting your gait analyzed if there is s running store around you who offers it. It was really helpful.