Small but BMI still high

Lately people have been telling me how small I am, how tiny my waist is, and as great as that makes me feel.. my bmi is still on the verge of overweight! 25 BMI

At 155 (ave my weight goes up and down every day/week) size 7-9 depending on the clothes, and standing only 5 feet 6, I still do not feel as small as people seem to say!

And I cannot lose these last 20 pounds that I really WANT to lose!

HELP!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    BMI is not the best measure esp if you strength train and/or have decent muscle mass.

I am an inch taller and a bit heavier and my BMI is about the same...but I know I am not "almost" overweight...that's just silly.

I wear a size 5/6 in some brands, size 7 in others...my shirts are a medium.

The last 20lbs..well that you know how to do...you've lost 120 already....if you really want to lose it tighten up your logging.

It might be time to start weighing your food...I say that as I see things in your diary that aren't weighed...like corn, margarine etc.

Some of your entries are suspect as well...things that start with Generic and/or homemade are typically user entered and they may not be correct.
  • sneaks
    sneaks Posts: 19
    Depends on how much muscle you've built up, but also I find (and I have NO muscle), that people keep telling me I've lost 'too much' (I'm 5'4", and have lost 1 and a half stone, so am 145 pounds now, with BMI of 25). I know I'm still not really 'ideal' weight, so it's just them trying to be nice, but failing.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    I currently weight or measure (measuring cups) all my food. Weigh all solids and measure liquids!

Once in a while when I have a random item that I cannot account for, I used a generic one in the database.