Fell into temptation

Options
Has anyone else fell into temptation with eating foods u knew werent healthy for you...but doing it anyway?

Today I scarfed down an entire Bowl (like 2 cups) of cream of cauliflower soup... i knew it would be bad but NEVER imagined it would put me OVER my total for the whole day!!!! IN EVERY CATEGORY EXCEPT PROTEIN!!!! When all i had was an apple for breakfast!!!!

Atleast i know it was wrong and feel guilty... a year ago i wouldnt have felt guilty....

What does everyone else do when they get the temptation for things that are bad... how do u deflect your thoughts off of the yummy food with out go into crazy food addict mode? LOL

Replies

• jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    GOOD LORD! That's terrible that it took you over for the day! :sad:

Oh I totally hear you on getting tempted - thus far for the past week i've been reallllllllllllllllly behaved! Mt. Dew is my absolutel WEAKNESS! I haven't caved but I know it's because I'll be like oh what's one more....etc
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I work in a hospital and they have Pretzel M&M's in our gift shop... It's all I can do EVERYDAY to avoid that place!!! :sad:

I will admit that it doesn't work everyday... Sometimes you just have to have that food, as bad as it may be, but in moderation :happy:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That like asking a druggy if they ever used drugs. LOL

If there is any one who has not done that on this site, they they are on the wrong site for sure.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I eat a HUGE salad to spoil my appetite. Then I have a taste/half portion/what-have-you of the food in question.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Charmagne
  • Bairdy1990
    Options
    I do that as well, but add more excercise on the days I do.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I normally try and eat the "bad" stuff in moderation. I don't like to deny my body that type of things because I know it will backfire on me and I will end up eating WAY to much and throw me off.

If your over compensate by doing more cardio maybe? Take a walk or something that will burn your calories off that way your not THAT over...or you can get right at your goal?

Plus sometimes it's a good thing to go over...kinda shock your body a bit.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Wow, 2 cups putting you over. How rich is that stuff. I make what tastes like cream of celery but it only has around 80 calories per serving. Find yourself a recipe and make your own cauliflower soup...probably be much nicer and better for you
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks everyone... I have been eating like a rabbit all week.... This probably will shock my body... Now that i KNOW how bad it really is i will not be having creamy soups for while...But it was a good day for soup! its 40 Degrees! Brrrrrrr...
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Everyone messes up. Even when you reach your goal, be prepared to over indulge when you know you shouldn't. We are human. Brush yourself off, and keep on going.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    catcrazy- it was brought into work from a very generous rep who made it from scratch... im not sure if it really was 1000+ calories... but the food finder said "generice cream of cauliflower soup) 1500 calories...and lots of fat and carbs... I hope it really wasnt that much!!!! and the food finder tool is just whacked LOL
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most of us have had temptations and cravings for foods. The weight loss program at work talked about this subject today. Two approaches that the dietician suggested were distraction (find something you would rather do than eat) or confrontation (tell yourself why you should not eat it).

The main thing is that having fallen off the wagon, you "don't let your relapse go to total collapse" (i.e. follow your Cream of Cauliflower soup - sounds delicious, by the way - with say, shrimps in garlic butter and a couple of pints of icecream and hot fudge sauce).

Beating up on yourself for allowing yourself to eat something is counterproductive. One overindulgence on one day is not going to make or break your weightloss or lifestyle! Making a habit of it, however, is bad!!

Personally, I have found Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" book and CD very helpful in coming to terms with my new lifestyle and controlling my cravings.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    If cream was used then yes it may have been high. I don't use cream in any of my "cream of" style soups so you may have got away with it. Ah well next time have a sip and ask for the recipe lol.