When do you Plateau?

Options
It's not a question of if....it's WHEN! Throughout my weight loss journey (started 1/3/10) I have had a few plateau's - the first one came around 25 lbs lost. I had not been exercising yet, so I joined a gym and that kickstarted things again right away. My next one was around 50 lbs lost...I literally HIT A WALL for about 6 weeks. Now I am at 75 lost and I feel another creeping in...

When do you feel like you stall? every 10 lbs? 25 lbs?

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It seems like every 10 lbs

I remember a light stall at 217-219 and another around 210-212 and now again I feel
    It slowing down at 200-203.

Gonna raise my BPM in cardio today and do 1 hr instead of 45 minutes.

Hope this works....
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I never stalled as long as I kept up the negative calories every day. Any time I did, it was because I was cheating the system. I have been at my GW for about a month and a half and still lose a little,even though I am trying to maintain.
  • Evolving
    Options
    :smile: I think it's when your body gets used to a routine. You then have to change up your eating/workout to trick it out of it. If you continued to do the same thing in those 6 weeks that's why it took so long.

Julian Michaels opinion on this subject matter. Hope it helps you. CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS TOO!! ;-}

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitness-and-diet-tips/weight-loss-plateau
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i have been at 10 pounds lost for 3 weeks now, I have lost about half a pound :(

a dont go over my calories often
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It seems to be about every 6 weeks. I will stall for 2-3 weeks and then it will start moving again.