What are your favorite snacks?

Options
What does everyone here eat for their snacks between meals that are low cal. and low fat?

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Greek yogurt, string cheese, apples, almonds.
  • Dileysia
    Options
    I love love love almonds for a snack and I pair that with a piece of fruit, usually an apple.
  • redglasseserin
    Options
    green grapes, greek yogurt, and my favorite - hard boiled eggs!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I keep lots of boiled eggs around and eat just the whites.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 large (egg white)

Amount per Serving
    Calories 17 Calories from Fat 1
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0.1g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 55mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrate 0.2g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0.2g
    Protein 3.6g 7%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 5.3% Carbs 4.7%
    Protein 84.7%

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/egg-whites/#ixzz13gMyF4fD
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Breyer's 100 calorie yogurt.; wheat thins w/ a smidgeon of peanut butter; or a small amount of almonds; or swiss miss 60 calorie hot chocolate. I like the hot chocolate at night b4 bed. Oh, and fiber one bars are good too.
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    hard boiled eggs (whole or just egg whites) and hummus with carrot or cucumber sticks/slices
  • rhenneberry
    Options
    AM Snacks:
    Del Monte Fruit Cups (4 pk No Sugar Added) <80 cal
    Mott's No Sugar Added Apple Sauce 25 cal

PM Snacks:
    Fruit:
    Red Grapes / oranges / apples / watermelon etc...
    Paired with:
    Laughing Cow Light Bon Bel Cheese
    Breaksones 2% Cottage Cheese
    String Cheese
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I like something salty & crunchy - Corn Nuts. Or Saltines. Sometimes just some baby carrots. I like Almonds, but don't like them plain - need to be roasted
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    green grapes, greek yogurt, and my favorite - hard boiled eggs!

Oh I didn't think about hard boiled eggs! Those are YUMMY and pretty good for you! The only thing is that they are VERY high in cholesterol if you eat the yellow part. My doctor said you should not have more than 3 eggs per week or your cholesterol will go too high.
  • DlynneS
    Options
    Try freezing seedless purple grapes. Yum!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz said you have to watch out with yogurts because a lot of the popular brands put high fructose corn syrup in them. I know yoplait puts it in theirs. I found that if you get the Kroger off-brand yogurt, it has less calories and no high fructose corn syrup. Oh yeah, and it's cheaper!
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating the nature valley granola thins in chocolate or peanut butter.
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just had a deep chocolate vita top warmed with half cup of fat free breyers chocolate brownie ice cream-very delicious and satisfying for ice cream lovers like me :)
    During the day, I eat fruit-bananas, apples, etc-for a snack. Fage yogurt with Kashi crunch/fruit. Fiber one bars.
  • hikrgrl
    Options
    Dried banana chips are my latest fav! Crunchy, sweet and 1/2 c is 160 cal. I just measure them into snack bags when I bring them home. Also not too bad if you have extra carbs are pretzel rods (they are less salty than the curly ones)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn & crystal light

&, as w/everyone else, almonds:tongue:
  • hikrgrl
    Options
    what is Greek yogurt?
  • Shlansberg
    Options
    I love to do that as well, but I struggle getting the shell off without taking off most of the white with it. Any suggestions?
  • Shlansberg
    Options
    Breyer's 100 calorie yogurt.; wheat thins w/ a smidgeon of peanut butter; or a small amount of almonds; or swiss miss 60 calorie hot chocolate. I like the hot chocolate at night b4 bed. Oh, and fiber one bars are good too.

The Swiss miss is a fav of mine. Really helps my chocolate cravings!
  • Shlansberg
    Options
    air popped popcorn & crystal light

&, as w/everyone else, almonds:tongue:

My son is type 1 diabetic as well. Diagnosed at 3. All the sleep deprivation has caused the weight gain I'm now using MFP to get off! Doing a JDRF walk in Nov :-)
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    what is Greek yogurt?

It is yogurt that is thicker than regular yogurt, and if you get the right brands, it has less sugar and more protein than regular yogurt. Check out Oikos and Chobani brands. There is another brand people rave about here, but I can't remember it...