Scary Moment At The Gym

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
Yesterday I went to the gym at UNLV wearing a pair of shorts which say "UNLV" across the butt in big red letters. I have pride for my school, what can I say?

I took the bus there and when I got off some guy commented on my shorts saying, "hey Ms.UNLV,I like your shorts." I ignored him and ran across the street, dodging traffic along the way. The guy followed me.

He followed me from the bus stop to the university's gym with his groceries in hand. I thought to myself "well, he can't get into the gym unless he has a valid student I.D"....showed the front desk clerk my student I.D. card and went in.

The guy that followed me into the gym told the lady, "I don't have my ID card but I left something in the locker, can I go get it?" The lady let him into the gym! I headed towards the locker room and he ran up along side me and said, "Hey Ms. UNLV, do you want to exercise together?" I told him to **** off and went inside the ladies locker room knowing that he won't go in there.

He didn't but he did stand outside the locker room to harass female students as they entered/exited the locker room.

I went to the desk clerk to tell her that he's not a UNLV student and the douche bag followed me to the gym from the bus stop and she said, "oh...whoops" and had the male trainers fish him out of the men's locker rooms.

It wasn't totally scary because I knew that in such a public and populated place like the gym nothing bad would happen, but what the hell?

:explode:

Replies

• Helawat
    Options
    Yesterday I went to the gym at UNLV wearing a pair of shorts which say "UNLV" across the butt in big red letters. I have pride for my school, what can I say?

I took the bus there and when I got off some guy commented on my shorts saying, "hey Ms.UNLV,I like your shorts." I ignored him and ran across the street, dodging traffic along the way. The guy followed me.

He followed me from the bus stop to the university's gym with his groceries in hand. I thought to myself "well, he can't get into the gym unless he has a valid student I.D"....showed the front desk clerk my student I.D. card and went in.

The guy that followed me into the gym told the lady, "I don't have my ID card but I left something in the locker, can I go get it?" The lady let him into the gym! I headed towards the locker room and he ran up along side me and said, "Hey Ms. UNLV, do you want to exercise together?" I told him to **** off and went inside the ladies locker room knowing that he won't go in there.

He didn't but he did stand outside the locker room to harass female students as they entered/exited the locker room.

I went to the desk clerk to tell her that he's not a UNLV student and the douche bag followed me to the gym from the bus stop and she said, "oh...whoops" and had the male trainers fish him out of the men's locker rooms.

It wasn't totally scary because I knew that in such a public and populated place like the gym nothing bad would happen, but what the hell?

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Jeeeze! I am so happy to hear nothing bad happened but it really is scary what kind of people are out there and just how trusting people are too.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wow - scary!! Glad nothing happened. It's amazing what people will do, even in a public, populated place. :angry:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I hate guys that follow you and harass you, all while asking you out. Does that EVER work?!?!?! Does a girl every turn around and say, "Sure, I would love to take my clothes off for you!" ?? You think that would get old for them really quick, but it doesn't.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is crazy! I don't understand people who are so trusting of people. Someone can just say yeah I forgot my id, and they are believed so easily! Glad to here that nothing else happened, because not even that should have!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    He is what I call............"creeeeeepy GUY!"

glad you are safe UNLV!
    zen
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is crazy! I don't understand people who are so trusting of people. Someone can just say yeah I forgot my id, and they are believed so easily! Glad to here that nothing else happened, because not even that should have!!

Being a network admin I have to worry a lot about security... we have a saying - "there's no patch/fix for human stupidity."
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Dude, seriously watch yourself for the next few days or so. That guy sounds like a stalker-type and he knows where you workout now. :noway:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

I can't wait to get out of this city...
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I really never have to worry about guys doing that because I am not exactly thier type, but i imagine it to be scary and props for you getting away while you had the chance!!!! and Im glad you are ok. If for some wierd reason a guy did follow me that way I would tried to have laid him out(physically)...but that creep should get his butt kicked
  • Helawat
    Options
    Dude, seriously watch yourself for the next few days or so. That guy sounds like a stalker-type and he knows where you workout now. :noway:

Omg, I didn't even think about that. I'm not going to let this stop me from going to the gym but I will watch my back for sure.
  • Helawat
    Options

I can't wait to get out of this city...

Me too. I was born here and moving for the first time on June 1st. I'm ready to go.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    maybe just for the next little while you could bring your guy with you to the gym? or a male friend even.
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yikes! that's one of the reasons I never ride the bus... to many pyscho's! Glad I never went to UNLV's gym either... I never had that issue at LVAC but it sucks paying for the gym... :grumble:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're ok H... that's scary to me though:ohwell:
    Aim for the nuts girl!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Options
    yikes! that's one of the reasons I never ride the bus... to many pyscho's! Glad I never went to UNLV's gym either... I never had that issue at LVAC but it sucks paying for the gym... :grumble:

Don't get me wrong, UNLV's gym is fantastic. IThere are great group fitness instructors and has that great student feel.

I've been a member of LVAC for three years before the completion of UNLV's new gym and found that UNLV's gym is a lot better than LVAC; however, after my 10 years of riding the CAT bus this is the first time anything like this has happened. So I don't want this one negative experience to affect the CAT bus or UNLV's integrity.
  • Helawat
    Options
    I'm so glad you're ok H... that's scray to me though:ohwell:
    Aim for the nuts girl!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

Aim for the nuts will be my new myspace quote. Thanks :)