Hysterectomy, off estrogen, now am gaining weight

Options
I need help. First, don't advise to go see my doctor I have already.

So i had lost 109 lbs as of 02/2013. We moved to a new house and I had to manage stress. i also started working full time which before that I was a SAHM. My Dr recommended I go off estrogen, as I had a complete hysterectomy in 12/2013. I had high levels of estrogen and he was concerned they were too high. I feel fine, no real estrogen symptoms but I cannot lose weight. My thyroid was checked and it was ok.

I diet and exercise and my weight will not budge. In fact I have gained 50 pounds since 02/2013 because of this. I am not plateaued I am just not losing. I have tried to eat more to lose I have not tried a lower calorie goal yet. The only think I can think of is maybe I am eating too many calories and due to my hysterectomy my metabolism is much slower? Also \, when I lost weight before, i was on estrogen. I am thinking maybe i need to request to be on it. Or since I had surgery am I destined to be a obese person.

I am highly frustrated because I really want to lose weight, and have tried too, but nothing works. And if that's the case I should just stop trying and resolve to be fat for life.

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    My metabolism took a huge nosedive after my hysterectomy, and I gained some weight.

I bought a BodyMedia Fit (the most accurate calorie monitor) and once I could see how many calories I was burning a day, it was easy to tailor my eating to my activity and I lost all the weight. Many people don't like the BodyMedia because it's visible on your arm, but I don't care. I wanted the most accurate data, and I got it.

And as all the other posts say, you need a food scale to weigh your food. Using measurements like cups and guestimating/eyeballing is a guaranteed way to eat more than you're thinking.

Good luck--I know how sucky the position you're in is.