How sore is too sore?

Options
Yesterday I did a 45 minute body conditioning class. The class included a lot of calisthenics, wall sits, crunches, and weights. I am just getting back into the hang of things and I am trying to exercise everyday.. I wanted to do a spin class today but I can barely sit down as my entire body is sore. I still have plans to go to the gym… my only concern is should I go hard today or just take it a little easier? Yesterday at the class my muscles were literally shaking and twitching.

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I am trying to exercise everyday.
    Do you have any rest days in your schedule? Rest is important for recovery. Without enough recovery time you'll eventually run yourself into the ground.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....you're not alone! As they say, no pain, no gain!
    I suggest you go in with an open mind... Make sure that you get a good warm-up, plenty of dynamic stretches for all body parts, but not so hard that you get tired before your training actually starts! Ease into it. Don't fight against the pain, you'll only set yourself up for injury. Don't go too easy, either. You still need to test your limits. If still in doubt: Remember, rest days are important, too!
    How is your post-workout nutrition? Your body needs fuel after the workouts, a protein shake will do nicely. In my experience, hungry muscles hurt more for a longer time. Use your nutrition to support the healing process. Drink up your water, too!
    Have fun!