Eating over calories

Options
Hi all,

My diary has me eating 1410 calories a day. I do my best to always eat a little under that. Yesterday was a rare day where I went over and had 1538 calories. I know I am still eating at a deficit and will still be losing (albeit a lesser amount). Should I even be worrying about such a minor amount? Am I the only one who tries to NEVER go over? I don't want to be worrying about nothing. Thanks.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    thats only 128 calories over, or under .04 lbs. assuming that your deficit is 500 or more, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about, especially if you tend to be a little under on most days. itll all even out in the end, just dont let it happen every day
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Think about the difficulty in measuring your calorie intake accurately. A plus or minus tolerance limit of 10% is perfectly sensible. Nothing to worry about at all.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I hate how MFP shows you the digits in bold red font, even when you go over by just a few calories. You can't help but feel bad about it then. But really, what is 138 calories?

I just have to keep reminding myself that 20, or 200 calories over is fine. It's still a hell of a lot less than the amounts I used to scoff.