Has anyone done the 30 day Plank Challenge?

Options
Happymelz
Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
I started the 30 day plank challenge yesterday and I would like to hear some feedback from others who have completed it.

IF you were not super fit to begin with your feedback will be most helpful, as I am squishy rather than toned. lol.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• Happymelz
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Pascal56
    Pascal56 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What is it? My core is absolutely destroyed and I could really use some planking.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I keep joining challenges and I forget I'm doing them.

Can you send it to me as a message? I'm in for planking. My core is damn strong lately and it could use some extra homework.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I found one online and am planning to start June 1st.

I could start today, but starting something like that on the 1st will help me keep better track of where I am in the challenge, haha. :tongue:
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    done it no. But i could. its so quick you start with 20 seconds and work up to 4 minutes right.? Very doable, maybe add that to my fitness routine right at the end. I dont know if its possible to work up so quickly though. I did it for 40 seconds yesterday and I was shaking...lol.
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Doing one now with fiancee using the 30Day app (free!). It starts you at the longest you can manage and makes up a progressive plan. It's nice because it has a built in timer and daily reminders. I'm on day 9 and have gone from 60 seconds to 120. Fiancee has gone from 26 seconds to 52.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I'm just following one I found on pinterest. Printed out the sheet and put it on my seat on our couch to shame me into doing it every day. lol.

It is the one that starts with 20 seconds and moves up to 4 minutes but it is just one type of plank.

THEN I'm moving on to the planks where you have a leg or arm raised.

Day 2 was easier than day 1.
    Today is day 3 and I'm dreading the extra 10 seconds. lol.
    My core NEEDS this.
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm starting june 1st
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7. I can Plank for almost two minutes but the challenge ends at five minutes. I can't imagine doing that but I want to.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I did it and every one after the 3 min mark was incredibley hard i would be shaking all over, it seemed like it was a slow start as far as adding time each day but the last week it just jumped alot. I did the full 5 min.on the last day, it will probably never be done again and i didnt do a plank again for almost 2 weeks but now i do them regularly but never over 2 min. Really liked the planks alot app.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Doing one now with fiancee using the 30Day app (free!). It starts you at the longest you can manage and makes up a progressive plan. It's nice because it has a built in timer and daily reminders. I'm on day 9 and have gone from 60 seconds to 120. Fiancee has gone from 26 seconds to 52.

This is good to know, gonna look for it! I am starting one June 1st but I like the idea of an app with reminders! I NEED core work!!
  • BallBerin
    BallBerin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did it. Started at 20 seconds and ended at 5 minutes. I was doing it along with the 30 day wall plank challenge. It was tough, but amazing how it strengthened my core. Day one I could barely do 20 seconds. Now I can so 3 minutes no problem. 5 minutes still makes me want to cry. I have since started the 100 push ups challenge. I started 7 weeks ago, only able to do 4 push ups (girl style) tonight I did 134. These interval programs really work. Sunday the ab challenge sweeping Facebook starts. Good luck, keep it up. It works.