It is not fair!

Options
Men naturally lose weight faster than women,but why do we have to get heavier during "that time"? My scale says I am 1 1/2lbs heavier than yesterday, I want sweets so bad that that damned strawberry whipped cream picture on the top of the screen is actually starting to look good.
Why can't mens balls swell up and get cramps every once in a while? That would make me feel better about things.:grumble:

Replies

• kuntrygurl
    Options
    I completely agree.
    Men should suffer every once in a while.
    And, they do not have to go thru childbirth...
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bahahaha i like the way you think :P
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    HAHAHA - I love the image of some guy's balls bloating! Of course, I'm sure they wouldn't complain if it was another area getting bigger... :bigsmile: :devil: Though come to think of it, there are some strategic places I wouldn't mind gaining in either...

And YES - I hate that I have to diet and exercise and hold my breath and clap my hands three times and sacrifice a bull just to lose a measly half pound, while my boyfriend just *thinks* about losing weight and suddenly he's fitting back into his skinny clothes! Not fair!!

Keep your chin up, girlie - it's only one week. And hey, maybe you'll have a big loss once all that water retention goes away.
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's fricking awesome. I agree!!! LMOA
  • OceanBlue80
    Options
    Love it! I feel the same way!!!
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Options
    Men naturally lose weight faster than women,but why do we have to get heavier during "that time"? My scale says I am 1 1/2lbs heavier than yesterday, I want sweets so bad that that damned strawberry whipped cream picture on the top of the screen is actually starting to look good.
    Why can't mens balls swell up and get cramps every once in a while? That would make me feel better about things.:grumble:

My suggestion would be to only weigh yourself once a week. Even without my balls swelling up, my weight can fluctuate a pound or two from day-to-day. It's natural. So just look at it from more of a long-term perspective. You'll drive yourself crazy if you stress about daily changes in your weight. Eating right is a lifelong thing, and not just for today. Uh oh...I think I feel my balls swelling...
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Funny yes, but I kinda resent that notion a bit. I have this discussion with the women at my office sometimes. There is NOTHING easy about what I do. It's a battle both mental and physical and I have to work seriously hard to lose weight, and there are some weeks when I don't lose even one pound even though I did everything right. It requires tremendous focus, sacrifice, and dedication. Easy, is not a word I'd use to describe what I do. Not even close.

Pregnancy, well, you got me there. Although once I had a kidney stone for 3 weeks and it never came out naturally if you know what I mean. On the monthly thing, well, although not the same suffering that you ladies have to endure, but I live with two adult women so I get some misery twice a month. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The way I see it our weight fluctuates up and down to go down. And so it's up and down throughout the week for me with losses whenever the body see's fit. So, it's this bio-rhythm thing to loss of weight, not just a descent only. This is true for men and women. And different people lose at different rates depending on body design. (Which is one reason you might've selected that person in the first place.)

As for ball swell I did manage that after a vasectomy for a very short time. But the women in the office kept coming to look at me because I didn't appear nervous and was smiling and joking. This must be rare! This was a regular doctors office too. And right after the procedure was done I did get up and walk to the car with no real issues where my wife was waiting for me in the car. This is the only time I can think of where there might be ball swelling. But on the bright side my wife didn't have to have the procedure which is more costly and more dangerous for a woman.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Funny yes, but I kinda resent that notion a bit. I have this discussion with the women at my office sometimes. There is NOTHING easy about what I do. It's a battle both mental and physical and I have to work seriously hard to lose weight, and there are some weeks when I don't lose even one pound even though I did everything right. It requires tremendous focus, sacrifice, and dedication. Easy, is not a word I'd use to describe what I do. Not even close.

Pregnancy, well, you got me there. Although once I had a kidney stone for 3 weeks and it never came out naturally if you know what I mean. On the monthly thing, well, although not the same suffering that you ladies have to endure, but I live with two adult women so I get some misery twice a month. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

My husband feels the same way. I can say, it's still a lot of effort. Really all that aggravates me is that your caloric intake is higher. Although you guys are probably just as hungry at 1500 as I was at 1200. I can relate to resenting the notion though. Plenty of family members have said me and hubby are crazy and lucky that we can lose weight "so easy." Luckily this was a conversation I was not present for, only told about later. Cuz it would have warranted a serious straightening out for the person that thinks this has been easy.

As for the childbirth thing, I haven't had kids yet, so I don't know, but my husband has had a torsion. From what I understand its a psychotic amount of pain. There's plenty that can go on down south for men that is super-painful.

The grass is always greener though, I guess.

Personally I lose weight during PMS (I have no idea how) *dodges angry cyber glares* so I don't have that problem at least.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    True it totally sucks. Men can just think about a diet and lose weight.

You can still have strawberries with that Redi-whip sprayed on top. Low calorie!!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Because guys are better than girls...

AND we can pee standing up!

Yeah...I am so dead now.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Because guys are better than girls...

AND we can pee standing up!
    Yeah...I am so dead now.

:mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :grumble:
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    haha i am actually really jealous at men being able to pee standing up. lol now that is unfair! :P
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    haha i am actually really jealous at men being able to pee standing up. lol now that is unfair! :P

It might be handy when getting caught short but I once came across a thread on a mens message board entitled SDW...had to have a nose (I am a woman after all) and it was full of blokes talking about the luxury of a Sit Down Wee. Not having to lift the seat up or having to clear up sprinkle etc. I guess its a case of the grass appearing greener...
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    This is one funny thread LMAO:bigsmile:
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well first of all us men love you curvy women! Our weight fluctuates as well. Water I recon. I drink more water some days than others. I exercise more some days than others and so it goes.