Raspberry Ketones??

Options
Hi guys not sure if this has been discussed before but has any tried raspberry ketones?
and have you had any success stories?
I've got a wedding coming but and want to lose as much weight as I can.
Will these diet pills help?
:indifferent:

Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    nope
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It has been discussed. If you search raspberry keytones here you will find lots of opinions on the matter.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    NO.

They won't help so don't waste your $. Just eat at a deficit.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Um no, for a small fee I will tell you no.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit will help.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Don't bother
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options

^^^ This. Yes, it's been discussed plenty of times, and no, they won't do anything for you. The only thing they'll make lighter is your wallet. lol
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit will help.

And exercise. :) Move more, eat less. You can do it without fad diet pills. I have faith in you. :flowerforyou:
  • sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys the verdicts unanimous on that one then.
    I jus feel like ive slowdown in weight loss.
    ive changed my routine im more active working out more regularly
    eating ALOT less sugary stuff drinking more fluids but im stuck now.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

How long have you been counting calories, and how much is a "slowdown"? I'd just be happy I was still losing weight.

Sugary stuff isn't bad for you, but if it helps keep you in a deficit, then good job!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

How long have you been stuck for? Weight loss tends to slow down as you get closer to your goal and if it's just been a couple of weeks without a loss than that's likely just a typical stall due to water retention (sodium, hormones, exercise, etc can all cause a bit of water retention). If it's been much longer than that you may want to double-check your calorie goals and your logging accuracy to be sure you're still eating at a deficit.

Stalls and plateaus are generally beaten by getting more diligent with your logging and activity, not with magic pills.
  • sadyia15
    Options
    im stuck on 10.5stone hve been for few months now. still way off from my goal.
    I do feel my tummys shrunk (inner tummy not outer :huh: )
    im not eating as much not by choice jus hw my bodys
    changed.

not sure wot else needs changing!
  • sadyia15
    Options

How long have you been counting calories, and how much is a "slowdown"? I'd just be happy I was still losing weight.

Sugary stuff isn't bad for you, but if it helps keep you in a deficit, then good job!

I do still eat sugary stuff on occasion cnt give up completely:tongue:
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    changed.

If you've been stuck for a few months then you're not eating at a calorie deficit. You're either overestimating how much you burn or underestimating how much you eat (or some combination of the two).

With your diary locked it's hard to give specific advice. How many calories are you eating? Are you accurately logging your food? Including things like veggies, condiments, and cooking oils? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups/spoons, or guesstimating portion sizes? Are you exercising? Are you eating back your earned exercise calories? If so, what method are you using to estimate your burn? Do you have any health issues that might be affecting your weight loss?
  • Tywhi3
    Tywhi3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Trust me. I've tried several "diet" pills including raspberry ketones. None of them work. I haven't had luck with diet and exercise either, but at least that's free. :laugh:
  • sadyia15
    Options
    changed.

If you've been stuck for a few months then you're not eating at a calorie deficit. You're either overestimating how much you burn or underestimating how much you eat (or some combination of the two).

With your diary locked it's hard to give specific advice. How many calories are you eating? Are you accurately logging your food? Including things like veggies, condiments, and cooking oils? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups/spoons, or guesstimating portion sizes? Are you exercising? Are you eating back your earned exercise calories? If so, what method are you using to estimate your burn? Do you have any health issues that might be affecting your weight loss?

sorry didn't realise my diary was locked. ive stopped adding calories burned for couple weeks nw thinking maybe I am over eating
    n if I dont add calories burned I wont eat.
    Im on 1200 calories and near enough am close to my target for home cooked meals yh im guestimating. for everything else
    im adding whats on the packets.
    I walk for 30 mins morning and afternoon sometimes miss a morning but always do afternoon.
    I have machines behind my kids school in the park I use them for about 30-40 mins in total and if I dont do that
    I work out at home for 30 mins. Im active throughout the day cooking cleaning the usual.

Im using the MFP estimate for burn.
    Im thinking maybe my bodys gotten comfy with my routine thats why I started to exercise more often before it was 2-3 times
    a week nw im tryin to hit 7 times a week minimum 5 days at least. kids r hme on weekend so dont always get chance to work out.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    for home cooked meals yh im guestimating.

This would be the first thing I would suggest changing. Get familiar with the recipe builder here and start logging the actual ingredients you're using. Buy a cheap food scale and start using it, or at the very least a set of measuring cups and spoons (food scale will be more accurate, but anything is better than guessing). Unfortunately, it's really easy to wipe out your calorie deficit by logging inaccurately.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

For more information on accurately logging your food, I like these threads:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1270280-food-weighing-scale-miracles
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Only if you wash them down with apple cider vinegar...