The Motivation to Begin

Options
This is very personal for me, as getting started is always the hardest part. I have just posted on the topic using the myfitnesspal blog.

Crash Course to Finding the Motivation To Beginning Your Weightloss Journey- the link is below.:blushing:

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shantesnaturalvanity

Please, Please, Please check it out and tell me what you think. If you are just beginning, this is the best place to start!:smile:

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am sorry but the link did not work for me.

I also try to find you in the MFP blogs, unsuccesfully I am afraid
  • ShantesNaturalVanity
    ShantesNaturalVanity Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will send you the link. Thanks for letting me know!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I did read it. It was very well thought out and gives all of us, despite where we are in our mission to lose weight, some things to consider. Thanks.

The fact that you have completed your education and begun a career shows that you are capable of taking on a huge long term project all while living a full life. If you approach this with the same determined mindset, you will no doubt succeed.

It seems like you define motivation in a similar manner as I do. It's what causes you to take the decision to do this project in the first place. Motivation was your disatisfaction with the condition of your health. Now you need strategy and determination, which you clearly already own.

You no doubt have done your homework and decided on how you will approach this. If you have any setbacks along the way, they are not signs of weakness or failure. They only mean that your strategy needs tweaking. I am about halfway to my goal and during this process I have had to change up my methods a couple of different times. Each time I have bogged down, it has taught me something about myself, and what I can do, and what I can't.

In my case, for example, I learned that I really don't like restricting my intake to the 1200 calories that were suggested for me to lose two pounds a week. I slowed the weight loss down and I'm much happier now. (Not suggesting that you can't or shouldn't go for the higher rate of loss, just that I'm an old woman, set in my ways, and basically unwilling to eat only that amount.) I also don't restrict calories every day to the same amount. Some days I eat more, some less, but on average my daily intake is within my goal.

Anyway, YOU GOT THIS!

PS: Re motivation vs habits: I brush my teeth every day. It doesn't require motivation, it's just a thing I do. It's become a habit develped over a life time. I'm trying to develope the same strong habits with my eating. I won't need to pep talk myself into eating properly. I't will have become a life habit.