Lost weight? What else has changed?

Options
Bound4Kona
Bound4Kona Posts: 53 Member
So you lost some weight. Maybe a little...maybe a lot, either way congrats. But other than the physical transformation, have you noticed anything else change?

Perhaps you've noticed people are nicer (or meaner) to you. Are you more talkative, do you have a bit more swagger, are you even more shy that you use to be? Other than your waist line...what's the skinny on the new you?

Go! :bigsmile:

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    For me a lot of things are the same. I've always been pretty confident, talkative, friendly, etc. I never hated myself for being large even when I was morbidly obese. But some things have changed, for sure...

~I fit into the world better (seats, bath tubs, booths, amusement park rides) so that is never a concern anymore.

~Women seem more interested in getting to know me. In the past, if my friends introduced me to their friends it was usually "oh hello" and that's it...now they're showing a lot more interest and inviting me places and introducing me to more people. It is a very noticeable difference.

~Random men call me names like sweetie and babe. That's not a positive for me, but whatever.

~I don't fuss with my clothes and fidget as much out of self-consciousness.

~I am not deathly afraid of photos from events I've attended or when my husband snaps a pic of me on a trip. This is still a tiny issue for me but it's getting much better, I used to hate 95% of photos with me in them and now it's maybe 10% I really dislike.

~In the workplace, I feel that people just expect me to be smart & competent (which I am) and I see that before, I was on the receiving end of a lot of pity kindness for many years. I attribute that now to my being fatter in the past. I find it very weird.

~I still like to look nice, but I don't put as much emphasis on a perfectly matching outfit, bag, shoes, etc as I did when I was heavier. I'm also more comfortable in newer, sometimes "younger" styles than before.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No more "ELBOW ACTION" on my shirt before I put it on.. Ya know when you put your elbows in the bottom to stretch it just a littttlleeee bit.. No longer necessary.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    No more "ELBOW ACTION" on my shirt before I put it on.. Ya know when you put your elbows in the bottom to stretch it just a littttlleeee bit.. No longer necessary.

I totally get this. I had been doing that w/ certain shirts/tops since I was 15 years old and it's weird not to have to now.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I find I'm getting less attention from men (I'm married, so it doesn't matter) and more dirty looks from women. Can't really decide what that means...

Aside from that, my clothes fit better, I'm more confident, I'm stronger, and I feel pretty dang good.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    -confidence is up
    -less tired all the time
    -less sweaty all the time
    -more sexy all the time

i can also no longer do the truffle shuffle, not sure if thats good or bad....
  • ehodgdend4
    ehodgdend4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well clothes that didn't really fit well now fit good, but mostly now I'm swimming in my clothes that I normally wear

People look at me differently, some use to think that since i was fat and huge that i was a push over now, They think that i might actually do something to them

Women notice me more, I have more confidence in myself and i feel better too most of all
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

i can also no longer do the truffle shuffle, not sure if thats good or bad....

LOL... That's good. :)
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    At just 21lbs, so far.

1. I fit imto the booth at waffle house again.
    2. People at the gym approach me more often. (Kinda good, kinda bad) No one wants to be interrupted during a set, or stopped for to long while completing a circuit.
    3. I can touch my toes again. I was surprised I even lost that ability apparently it happened within that 21lbs.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    physically not a lot, but my confidence level and how I care about my appearance has improved. I bartend part-time. and I used to have that 40 year old "mom" look about me. but twice this week I have been hit on. sure one was a drunk guy and the other a very drunk woman. but still I got hit on
  • AubrieJo328
    AubrieJo328 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I smile all the time now.:smile:
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I smile all the time now.:smile:

GOOD one!:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Nothing has really changed for me confidence wise. I've always been confident and I've always found myself to be a pretty (thanks in large part of my family for always making me feel valued). The difference for me is that I find myself doing more window shopping. I never liked shopping for clothes, but now I do not mind it as much.

I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I am considering wearing a 2 piece. Never would have even entertained that thought 6 months ago.

People still treat me the same, I've always gotten compliments on my face (smile, hair, etc), but the difference now is that people act like I've lost 600 pounds. "You lost SO MUCH WEIGHT" immediately follwed by "Not that you were big before" LOL it always makes me laugh.

I'm also not more outgoing. I don't actively seek attention or new relationships, I'm very much an introvert who knows how to fake being an extrovert.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Someone mentioned being less sweaty...that is a good one, I notice that when I do get hot & sweaty it take a LOT less time for me to cool off and feel normal again. In the past, if I got overheated (on a trip or outing for example) there was really no way to look and feel presentable again without a shower. I was visibly red, hot, and gross looking and felt disgusting - and now I'm fine after a drink of water and a few minutes in the A/C.

Speaking of A/C, our rental home has had broken A/C for 2 weeks (a part being ordered to repair it) and my husband and I have been fine. We just sleep with a lighter blanket and the fan on, and don't hang out too much in the kitchen after using the oven. We live in hot, humid area (during this time of year) and a few years ago I probably would have been so uncomfortable without A/C that I would have gone to a hotel or friend/family member's house.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Not many visible changes since I only lost a few pounds, but being more fit has its advantages:

1) I don't need any help carrying anything heavy.

2) Sex is better.

3) People are often amazed at how many flights of stairs I do in a day.

4) Did I mention the sex is better?
  • Everburg16
    Everburg16 Posts: 101
    Options
    Ready for TMI?

My sex drive is through the roof.

Before, I had absolutely NO sex drive - things are a lot better now. :)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm single now.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm not as b!tchy as I used to be :smokin:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Totally in. I love these threads, thanks for posting, OP!

Not only do I feel better in my clothes, I feel better OUT of them. Regarding AC? I'm FREEZING! ALL THE DARN TIME!!! I'm the idiot in the corner with a sweater on, shivering when it's 90 degrees out. LOL! But I'll take it. The sweaters I'm wearing now are WAY cuter than the floaty shirts I wore when I was heavier. :)

I'm noticing that people are much more friendly with me now. Which is odd, since I'm always smiling and friendly with others. :)
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I don't look down as much, and I like to go shopping a lot more. When I get in the dressing room, I don't have a sense of dread. I've also noticed that the parts of me I didn't like, aren't as bad as I thought. My skin cleared up. I get hit on more, which is kinda weird. I don't take up as much space, so I don't feel self conscious. I don't mind taking pictures. I feel like being a lot more social. I don't dread going for walks/jogs. I feel like I'm happier, not because a number, or a size, but just because.
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!