Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone ever try this cottage cheese creation?

2»

Replies

• SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Nope~~ The only thing I like in cottage cheese is fresh diced tomatoes and black pepper:noway:
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Wow, that sounds absolutely delicious. I think the best thing about cottage cheese is that it adapts well to either sweet or savory flavors.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    I'll try this! ...with ricotta. I kind of like cottage cheese but I find it very salty and I don't like mixing it with sweet stuff. Maybe it's just the brand I buy.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    That sounds delicious! I'm going to try it.

I also put cottage cheese on my salads instead of dressing.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member

Wow, I never even thought of that before. I'm not big on salads (Caesar salads with shrimp are alright), but cottage cheese actually sounds like it would be good on a salad. I usually get cottage cheese at the salad bar and no salad - drives my husband nuts. "Two bucks for a cup of cottage cheese and a package of crackers?!" Haha.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member

I love plain cottage cheese but never thought or heard of that. I like the idea.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member

I always do that too! It's the only way I enjoy salads :laugh:
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    This thread has turned out to be amazing. And I am bumping for future reference! Love me some cottage cheese creations!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Just fresh crushed black pepper for me. I love the flavor when the edges of your cottage cheese mixes with your scrambled eggs. Now, I could just mix the two, but I don't -- that would be crazy.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
    I prefer to use cottage cheese as I would Greek yogurt ! Tons of protein and possibilities with it other than sprinkling with pepper and eating with a spoon. My fav thing is mixing peanut butter+stevia into it and then spreading it on a plain rice caked topped with cinnamon and sliced banana ! Filling protein snack. Sounds weird but the saltiness of cottage cheese isn't really there.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Just want to say to OP I had cottage cheese, raisins, nutmeg, cinnamon and applesauce for breakfast and it was so yummy and satisfying.

this thread is great!
  • Never tried it with applesauce! I love cottage cheese with strawberry jam though. Also cinnamon & truvia. I used to mix it with peanut butter but found it was kind of a waste since you have to add 4 tbsps to really taste it and I don't want to use so many calories like that.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Well I finally tried it today. I'm eating it now, actually. The flavor is good, and the raisins for me are essential. The texture of the mixture took some getting used to (chunky applesauce would probably make it better) and it doesn't look too appetizing, but I'll definitely be eating it for lunch all week. I'd give it a solid B for the eating experience. We'll see how substantial it was as far as keeping me satisfied until my 3PM snack. Right now I'm actually feeling a bit full, which is surprising.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Never tried it with applesauce! I love cottage cheese with strawberry jam though. Also cinnamon & truvia. I used to mix it with peanut butter but found it was kind of a waste since you have to add 4 tbsps to really taste it and I don't want to use so many calories like that.

Have you tried it with PB2? Can't beat peanut butter flavor for 20ish calories per tbsp.