Never know till you try!

Options
:happy: While being on this journey, sometimes I come across sayings or quotes that kind of "zap" at my heart so I think each Monday I am going to change my heading for that week's thoughts.

How about you? Any favorite motivational words that keep you going? Maybe something someone has said to you in passing or such? Song lyrics? Anything. Please share! Who knows? Your thoughts might make someone stronger.

Replies

• rhorhofood
    rhorhofood Posts: 1
    Options
    STOP THINKING OF WHAT COULD GO WRONG AND START THINKING OF WHAT WILL GO RIGHT.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "It's about the journey, not the destination."

Helps me to do well every day, not just focus on my goal and get discouraged. :)
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite is "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." I think about it everytime I don't want to go that extra mile or 5 minutes. Gets me through, every time!
  • MomforNoah
    MomforNoah Posts: 76
    Options
    You don't have to be great to start...but you have to start to be great...
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    "One day at a time."

This also really motivates me: (I am a senior citizen). My friend who is in her mid 50s has hardly exercised at all in the past 20 years. She is a very petite (size 0 or 2), which might be part of why she didn't exercise because she's so thin anyways. But now she is very weak. I handed her a 5 pound package (very compact and easy to hold...like the shape of a book). She took it in both hands. Then she said it was straining her lower back and she asked me to take the pacakge out of her hands. When I think about this incident it really motivates me to work out and do strength training.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WORK HARD, PLAY HARD.....ALL DAMN DAY. EVERYDAY.