weird question- splitting your breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm happy when my teacher schedule works out with a mid morning planning period. I usually have breakfast around 5:30 and a snack at 9:30 with lunch at 12:45. Sometimes at 9:30 I am splitting my breakfast, other times it's splitting my lunch. Lately I've been having a PB&J at 9:30 and a soup to go for lunch.
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I split my dinner. If you think second breakfast is awesome, wait until you try second dinner. Doesn't matter when you eat, it's how much you eat, so you can quite comfortably have a midnight feast and keep losing weight. :)
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing. I work at 3 am. We get a break at 6 and 9. So i split my sandwich and eat a yogurt or salad. Glad someone else does it to. Doesnt make me weird.
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I always split my breakfast. I have a protein shake right after my workout (8am) and my regular breakfast of oatmeal, an egg, bacon and fruit at 9:30 or 10. Then lunch at 12:30, snack at 4:30 and dinner at 7:30. Sometimes I split my snack, too, especially if my schedule has me busy from 4-5pm, I might have a bit at 4 and the rest at 5:30.

I prelog my meals, so if I'm hungry earlier than usual, I just eat a bit of the next meal to tide me over. Keeps me satisfied!
  • akhitk
    akhitk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, that is the best advice I've got. For me, I've been trying to avoid the snacking habit that got me where I am. For breakfast, I try to make sure it's loaded with protein & very little carbs. Smoothies or any nourishment that is a drink does not hold me off to lunch. Also prefer to eat after my workouts in the morning.
  • WildBillR
    WildBillR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes. Fruit or yogurt with a pre-workout protein shake around 7am. Go to the gym 7:30-8:45. Afterwards, another protein shake and an egg.

For lunch it's can of tuna fish, an apple, and string cheese. 100 calorie of almonds an hour later. Yogurt an hour after that. Some kind of protein bar an hour after that, and then it's almost time to go home.

Don't do it on the weekends though. Am much more disciplined at work.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I always eat first breakfast around 6:30 or 7 and second breakfast around 9:30 or 10. I'm kind of like a hobbit.

Beat me to it! I call it breakfast and second breakfast, too. :drinker:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I often do the same thing with lunch. :) Often I start eating and then when I'm not hungry anymore I just leave it and eat the rest of it later.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    if it works for hobbitses it will work for you too!!
    tumblr_m1gc9zUVMZ1r5yuawo1_500.jpg