Determined and getting stronger

Options
My name is Jenny. I have been doing this healthy new life style change for a month now. I lost 10 pounds but feel I could have lost more. I used to be extremely skinny and happy with myself. Life happened, situations happened. I lost all my self worth and self confidence. I thought if I made myself ugly I could protect myself. I found in the recent years it doesnt matter I need to be happy. I deserve to be happy. I am determined more than anything and want to do good and hit my goals. I am trying to lose 10 pounds a month right now. that is the first half of my goal the other half is to lose 5%. I have already hit the fist half of my goal and looking forward to the second half.
Any and all advice is appreciated. I would like to make friends on here that can push people to take charge of themselves and continue onto their goal.

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It's awesome that you're back on track. Determination goes a long way.

The things that have helped me most:

1. Water, water and more water
    2. Focus on protein, and the fat/carbs will take care of themselves
    3. Don't forget fiber (Chocolite protein bars www.healthsmartfoods.com and coupons for there from www.retailmenot.com)
    4. LOG EVERYTHING. You have to "be real" about it otherwise there's no point in even logging.

Snacks that have helped
    the chocolite protein bars
    hard boiled eggs
    pretzels in snack bag serving sizes
    light string cheese
    greek yogurt

For what it's worth - and feel free to friend me too! :)