walking

Options
Hi
just started walking and as wondering if anyone can recommend some pedometers / calorie counters, there seems to be lots available with various reviews. :frown: I have looked briefly at FitBit but I'm not sure I can justify the cost at present.
Thanks

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Just enter your time here on MFP. It does a pretty fair job of calculating the calories burned.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Fitbit's big advantage is that their pedometers automatically update your data to their website. There are plenty of cheaper pedometers that are more accurate, for example Omron. :)
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone or mfp player it most likely already has a pedometer on it or you can download an app :flowerforyou:
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit.

I got the One back in December, but I had the Zip before that. They pretty much do the same thing except the Zip doesn't track sleep or stairs climbed.

Fitbit syncs with MFP, so the calories will update on here. You can also add people on there and compete with them. That's my favorite part.... I have a lot of friends and several of them walk more than me and that motivates me to walk more so that I can catch up to them.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    MFP overestimates calories burned.

I use an app called CardioTrainer on my phone and find it more accurate.