Critique my program?

Options
I've been lifting for about two months on a program. After two months I really don't care for that specific program. I am now doing this program and am looking for those who have been lifting to critique it and my eating habits.

Stats:
110 lbs
Female
106p/292c/37f
1928 calories a day

Program:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitness-amateur-of-the-week-hooked-on-health.html

Eating Habits:
I always reach protein goals and fat. Carbs are met almost never. I'm at 15% bf already and have muscle in my arms/shoulders/back, but very little in my legs. I'm looking to gain a killer six pack through lifting. I do zero cardio most weeks. Every so often i'll throw in a fun hr long Zumba class on Saturday. Should I add/decrease cardio? Any tips and critiques/recommendations to reach my goals? I don't really want to gain any fat because when I gain fat it mostly goes to my face.

Replies

• 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i didnt check much on the program, but the programs on that sight are usually pretty good, u are at the stages in your bodyfat that u ahve to be strict on your macros pretty well which u are, your fat is a little low, i would drop the carb intake slightly and the protein intake isnt bad, usually thing of one gram per pound of bodyweight works for me.

lifting wise it really depends, u have to be able to have a good program, me personally even on my cutting cycles i still do a pretty good cycle of workouts, like this is my week:

monday:
    morning cardio 1.5 hours( arc trainer, bike and stairs)
    afternoon lift (back and tris)

tuesday:
    morning cardio 1.5 hrs (same every day differant variations of set)
    afternoon lift (chest and bis)

wednesday:
    morning cardio 1.5hrs
    afternoon lift (legs)

thursday:
    morning cardio
    afternoon crossfit(full body)

friday:
    morning cardio
    afternoon lift heavy session, olympic lifts

saturday:
    morning cardio
    afternoon auxillary lifts(anything that didnt feel like i hit correctly durring the week)

sunday
    rest day/ light cardio and core

every single day is core day!!!! and i have cut down about 3% bodyfat in 3 weeks
  • Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i didnt check much on the program, but the programs on that sight are usually pretty good, u are at the stages in your bodyfat that u ahve to be strict on your macros pretty well which u are, your fat is a little low, i would drop the carb intake slightly and the protein intake isnt bad, usually thing of one gram per pound of bodyweight works for me.

lifting wise it really depends, u have to be able to have a good program, me personally even on my cutting cycles i still do a pretty good cycle of workouts, like this is my week:

monday:
    morning cardio 1.5 hours( arc trainer, bike and stairs)
    afternoon lift (back and tris)

tuesday:
    morning cardio 1.5 hrs (same every day differant variations of set)
    afternoon lift (chest and bis)

wednesday:
    morning cardio 1.5hrs
    afternoon lift (legs)

thursday:
    morning cardio
    afternoon crossfit(full body)

friday:
    morning cardio
    afternoon lift heavy session, olympic lifts

saturday:
    morning cardio
    afternoon auxillary lifts(anything that didnt feel like i hit correctly durring the week)

sunday
    rest day/ light cardio and core

every single day is core day!!!! and i have cut down about 3% bodyfat in 3 weeks

Great information. Thank you! My fat is usually around 70g and carbs are whatever they end up being for the day. Thanks again!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    If one of your goals is to increase your leg muscles I don't think that program is appropriate (legs only 1 day a week). Also I don't understand Day 3 "Arms" after Day 2 "Back", that Day 2 hits your Bi's pretty good.
    What program where you one for 2 months and how was your progress?
    What are your goals (besides a killer 6-pack)?
    Sounds like your body fat % is already good enough to see some abs, do heavy weighted ab work to make them bigger.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sorry but I don't feel that these kind of bro split programs with one day dedicated to each body part are particularly effective for beginners. For beginners you would be much better of doing full body program that focuses on big compound exercises, and the large muscle groups. that way you build a good base rather then these kind of programs that throws everything but the kitchen sink at a workout.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    sorry but I don't feel that these kind of bro split programs with one day dedicated to each body part are particularly effective for beginners. For beginners you would be much better of doing full body program that focuses on big compound exercises, and the large muscle groups. that way you build a good base rather then these kind of programs that throws everything but the kitchen sink at a workout.

This guy knows what's up. Obligatory Stronglifts plug:

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Dead lift and squat a lot to build up your legs... and everything else.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This. Splits are for intermediates. A lot of isolation work like the ones in your program won't do a lot if you don't have a good muscle base. Focus on compound lifts, add in leg press and calf raises to balance out your lower half.

Compound Lifts:
    - bench
    - squat
    - deadlift
    - pull ups
    - rows
    - military press

If you really want a split instead of a full body workout of compound lifts, do an upper/lower split, like this:

Workout A: Upper
    - Bench
    - Pull ups
    - Rows
    - Military Press

Workout B: Lower
    - Squat
    - Deadlift
    - Leg Press
    - Calf Raises

Alternate, and workout every other day.