NROLFW Completed! with pics

Options
psych101
psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
This week I completed New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm super proud of myself and decided to share some pics - please be kind, I've never really shared any before!! :flowerforyou:

A little background on me...I used to weigh 287lbs, lost around 120lbs in my early 20s, got married, got fat, lost weight again, started lifting, had a baby, and now I'm on my way back down to my pre-pregnancy weight - though this time I've been focusing mainly on lifting and hitting my macros, rather than purely cardio.

Below are the results of 6 months from start to finish of NROLFW. I love to pick up heavy stuff and I have learnt so much by being around these forums and taking advice from other MFP people who are inspiring as hell.

Before pic:
Weight: 202.8 lbs
Waist: 39 inches
Hips: 43 inches

After pic:
Weight: 174 lbs down 28.8 lbs
Waist: 27 inches down 12 inches
Hips: 37 inches down 6 inches

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/Psych1011/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsa78a06c1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/Psych1011/Mobile Uploads/85e367b7-a588-48fd-bec8-5a2f83775197_zps8208705e.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/Psych1011/Mobile Uploads/833d7418-8761-497a-8a01-da71612f4045_zps1b4ce3ef.jpg[/img]

Replies

• fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Excellent progress. Definition is definitely coming in nicely. I think you've done fabulously and look great.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Arm muscles?! Yes, please!! Looks great. I am inspired and just a lil' bit jealous. Leaving to find my dumbbells now. Bye!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    (Woof whistle) Nice arms!

Overall, excellent work! :drinker:
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats great
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! NICE job sweety!!!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. The belly inches loss are incredible. Keep up the great work. Also as one on your FL, you are an inspiration to many :drinker:
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job!!! You look great. Thanks for sharing :)
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You look so incredible!

Can you tell me how long your NROLFW training program was for? I'm looking to lift but would like to know how long a program like this is a commitment for -- I like to shake things up frequently ;)
  • jpore
    jpore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    These are fantastic results!! You look amazing!

I am three weeks into stage 1 and I am already seeing some great results and I am already so much stronger. It is so encouraging to see your results! Any advice for a newbie?
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing your pictures :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I've been planning on starting NROL4W next week, and now I'm really looking forward to it. Did you follow the calorie recommendations, or id you do your own thing?
  • psych101
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I was really nervous about putting pics up!! :flowerforyou:

Can you tell me how long your NROLFW training program was for? I'm looking to lift but would like to know how long a program like this is a commitment for -- I like to shake things up frequently ;)

NROLFW has 7 stages and takes approximately 7 months I believe. Stage 6 is for those who are wanting to complete a full pullup and is optional - that wasn't really of interest to me, so I skipped that part and went to Stage 7. I lifted 3 days a week and took a full week off between each stage. I really enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone....though some of the stages got really long lol
    I am three weeks into stage 1 and I am already seeing some great results and I am already so much stronger. It is so encouraging to see your results! Any advice for a newbie?

Good on you for starting! I remember Stage 1 felt like it went on forever lol :) There is a NROLFW group here so I'd recommend joining that if you haven't already. Listen to your body and take rest days when you need to. Continue to push yourself and up your weights as you can but really watch your form - form is key!! good luck!
  • psych101
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I've been planning on starting NROL4W next week, and now I'm really looking forward to it. Did you follow the calorie recommendations, or id you do your own thing?

I followed the book for calories to begin with, but I switched to TDEE - 20% and really watching my macros about halfway through. That way I could eat the same amount each day and didn't really have to worry too much. I like the nutrition info in the book as it encourages folks to eat lol
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I followed the book for calories to begin with, but I switched to TDEE - 20% and really watching my macros about halfway through. That way I could eat the same amount each day and didn't really have to worry too much. I like the nutrition info in the book as it encourages folks to eat lol

thanks for responding! I think that'll be my plan as well. I've been slowly upping my calories in preparation. :)

Again, you look fantastic! Good job! :)
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! It makes ALL... those lunges worth it!!
  • psych101
    Options
    Awesome Job! It makes ALL... those lunges worth it!!

haha yes!! and those blimmin step ups!!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!!! Inspiring!!! I can't wait until I'm 6 months into lifting...
  • psych101
    Options
    You're amazing!!! Inspiring!!! I can't wait until I'm 6 months into lifting...

:flowerforyou:
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    This is amazing!!!!! Gosh you are an inspiration. You just sold me on your weight lifting plan.!!
  • bex4health
    bex4health Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am wrapping up stage 4! I love it! I can't wait to post pics when I'm done! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!