Do you think I look ok at this weight or go a little more?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!
  • Wendyytb
    Wendyytb Posts: 3
    Options
    I think you look wonderful! No need to lose more!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think you look wonderful!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look great where you are at! You seem happier, as well. Congrats on all your hard work. :)
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! That said, here's my two cents worth.

I have struggled with whether I want to lose the last 5 lbs. to my final goal and here's my thought process. The only difference is that I am right under the top number for normal BMI (24). I am a 57 yr old teacher/grandma.

First, I looked in the mirror with and without clothes. Nobody sees me without except my hubby and he is perfectly happy with me the way I am. And in clothes, I look good and normal.

Then I looked at what a difference that 5 lbs would make in clothes and health. None that I could figure.

Then I tried to figure out what benefit 5 lbs less would be and I really couldn't think of any. For me, it originally was so that I could say I had lost 100 lbs. Seems like a silly thought now.

So I decided to move to maintenance and move to fitness goals. I'm trying to learn to run, do weights, and stay more active. Basically just enjoying being able to move more.

Nothing says I can't lose those last 5 lbs. down the road if I want to. Maintenance isn't set in stone :smile:
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think you look great at the weight you are at now. You look healthy and very happy. If you are concerned about not being in the 'healthy' BMI range your doctor recommends (weight wise), maybe talk to him/her when you see them again and ask if the weight you are at now is good?
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    the question you are asking is what you need to decide on your own. Are you happy with how you look? Do you want to go a little more? This shouldn't be a public opinion.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!