HRM: Polar FT7 or FT6

loveme445
loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
OOPS, I noticed in the topic I put FT6, TYPO :noway: Its the F6

I plan on purchasing a HRM and Im not sure which HRM to buy. Its so many out there and I have no clue what to look for. :huh: It appears that Polar is a fav around here so I reasearched the HRMs on Amazon. I found the Polar FT7 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Black / Gold) for $92 and the Polar F6 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Pink Coral) for $105.
The main reason I need a HRM is to have an accurate account of my calories burned.
Which is a better option? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    I have the FT7 and I love mine. Not sure what the difference is with the 6 but mine gives you calories burnt and your heart rate.
  • hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    If you do a search on the message boards you can find a bunch of other posts about which HRM is the best and why. I found that the FT7 was a pretty good one and ordered mine off ebay for $75.
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    I have the F6 and I love it. It's comfortable, cute, pink (my fav color), and it reads calories, & heart rate. It also registers my heartrate on the gym equipment when I go to the gym. (Lifefitness Equipment). It definitely helps, and definitely recommend getting a HRM because if you eat back your exercise calories you could definitely be eating to much, because MFP calories be way off for some of the exercises. Plus when you do any type of aerobics classes such as Zumba, kickboxing, etc... you want to know what you burned. I got my Polar from Amazon and I paid $105.00 also not bad
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Bump... I'm in the market for a HRM too. I'm so glad you asked this question and am looking forward to the replies. Thanks!
  • I have the F6 - LOVE it! Pink, cute, functional, AWESOME!

If you google, you can probably find it cheaper... I think I paid $86 for mine, brand new. I think I got mine from HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com.

Good luck!!! :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Love my F6 (and yes it is a very pale pink). I heard the FT7 was newer and lots of people on MFP love theirs. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Find the best deal and do it!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Thanks for all the replies! Hopefully, I can get a HRM within the next couple of weeks.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    I just purchased the Polar FT7! I haven't received it yet but it seems like it was a smart purchase from the reviews I have seen.

Any comments about the chest strap fitting poorly? Curious if anyone had problems with it slidding.

Thanks!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    I have an FT7 and absolutely love it. The chest strap is really comfortable and I forget I'm even wearing it. The watch strap is also really comfortable and not annoying when you get all sweaty working out. It is easy to set up and does what it says on the tin - calorie burn and heart rate and at the end of the workout it tells you what time you spent in 'fitness' and how much time in 'fat burn'. Not quite sure how accurate that part is but it's still quite nice to see. I have no experience with the F6 so can't really give any comparison tips on those. I bought mine from a shop but online seems to be the best place to buy from and definitely cheaper. Happy shopping!
This discussion has been closed.