Whooping cough - there is NO silver lining

Options
I caught whooping cough a month ago and am still absolutely miserable. Prior to catching this ridiculous disease I was working out 4 times a week and eating well and feeling great. Now I'm winded walking down the hall, and can't eat more than a few bites at a time,

I tried to find a silver lining in this hell. I figured at least I would lose those final pesky 10 pounds and get great abs (they're always sore from so much coughing).

Well I HAVE lost weight, about 8 pounds, but my stomach is super distended - maybe I'm stretching the abs out with all the coughing. And worst of all, my measurements are the same which means I'm losing mostly muscle. Argh, and right now there really is no way I can lift a thing so I can't try to preserve them in any way.

Moral of the story - GET YOUR PERTUSSIS VACCINE BOOSTER! Apparently being vaccinated only lasts so long - you need a touch up now and then.

Wish me luck - so far there is no end in sight for this, but they call it the "100 day cough" so maybe in a few weeks I can slowly get back on track.

Done whining - just had to vent... :)

Replies

• AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dang-o. All I can say is this does NOT sound pleasant and I hope you feel better soon! ????