work, family and diet OMG

Options
2»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Juggling diet, family and work commitments can sometimes be a real task. Sometimes I think I am wonder woman and sometimes I just wonder.

I do it everyday myself.

You get used to it.
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    Its my daughter who is my motivation, she is 7 and someone in her class said your mum's fat, I think that was the final kick up the bum I needed.

I had this same thing happen to me. I tried to blow it off as oh they are just kids and just say what they want but it hurt really bad :(
  • FimbrethilPickle
    FimbrethilPickle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest challenge with having 4 kids and working full time is eating at home rather than picking things up while out.

Between prep work, cooking, and clean up for a family of 6, there often isn't time in the day. Not when you have work and driving everyone around and cleaning the house and helping with homework and working out to do at the same time!

My biggest help is planning ahead. I make it a point to set aside a weekend day just for prep. I also insist on my older kids helping with clean up after dinner, even a little help goes a long way.
  • Molly851
    Molly851 Posts: 6
    Options
    ITT: Excuses.
    No excuses here. I have been steadily losing weight at a good pace for 13 weeks. My point was that it is hard sometimes to stick to it when you have a busy life, but it can be done. And sometimes life throws you some real curveballs, out of left field that you don't expect. My comment was meant to be a positive one. Because I don't believe I am the only one that struggles with many commitments, and sometimes knowing others have similar issues can help. My aim is to be supportive to others on this site. Perhaps you could give it a go.
  • vanginmi
    vanginmi Posts: 41
    Options
    I think it's ok to vent about work/life balance! You ladies seem like an awesome group! If anyone needs a friend, feel free to add.

And to the dude who made the rude comments - just go!