My Yummy meatball and "rice" dinner....

Options
Magenta15
Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
I know this has probably been posted before, but thought I'd try to post a pic so you can see it really does look like rice, and plays the part not too shabby either....

cauliflower rice.... ta da!

DSCF4278.jpg

process about a cup of florets in the food processor to your desired rice "size" (big or finer)
then nuke in the microwave (don't add water or anything!), i did mine only 2 min -- for softer or mushier guess you'd do more...
take it out and it's even sorta fluffy like rice!

Flavor as you wish, can't wait to try some beef and broccoli on it next time!

yum! so excited, going to try the cauli pizza crust this weekend!

PS: oh ya... i figured a lil more veg couldn't hurt so i processed a couple florets of broccoli with it lol

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    been meaning to try cauliflower rice for a while - and your pic is tantalizing!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WOW it really does look like rice!! Imma hafta try this sometime.. Whats the kinda meatballs u ate, just wondering? Thanks!!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and broccoli are my two faves. Def. gonna have to try that! Thanks
  • Magenta15
    Options
    Thanks! Try it... so quick and easy, and satisfying!
    WOW it really does look like rice!! Imma hafta try this sometime.. Whats the kinda meatballs u ate, just wondering? Thanks!!

since I work so much and am so darned tired, I thought I'd give my self a break and try out the blue menu Angus meatballs with whatever kind of sauce you like thrown in the crock.
    That entire plate was less then 300 cal and so filling! (a serving is 6 meatballs for 160? cals I think - they got cut off when i posted the pic)
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I alway have cauliflower "speggitti". Just pour a little homemade speggitti sause over cauliflower! Yum. It actually works great!
    Thanks for your new idea. Vickie
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I have never heard of this, but I love cauliflower. We are going to try this. Thanks!
  • mel_istheshit
    Options

What is this cauli pizza crust? I've never heard of it! Pizza crust with cauliflower??? Please share and let us know how it turns out!

And also, thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it with some fake-out chinese!
  • Magenta15
    Options

What is this cauli pizza crust? I've never heard of it! Pizza crust with cauliflower??? Please share and let us know how it turns out!

And also, thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it with some fake-out chinese!

exactly! i will post a new thread with pics if it works! wooot!
  • chevysarah
    Options
    Question... I cant find my food processor (its in a box somewhere...) and I am wondering if throwing it in the blender would work the same?

as you can tell I am not a gormet chef! ha ha.

• Magenta15
    Options
    Question... I cant find my food processor (its in a box somewhere...) and I am wondering if throwing it in the blender would work the same?

as you can tell I am not a gormet chef! ha ha.

not sure if blender would work, id be afraid that it would mush it, but you can grate or chop finely :)
  • Magenta15
    Options
    I alway have cauliflower "speggitti". Just pour a little homemade speggitti sause over cauliflower! Yum. It actually works great!
    Thanks for your new idea. Vickie

I'll have to try that as well :)
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    bump
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i have never heard of this before!! will definitely try!!! thanks!!
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    that looks amaaaazing!
  • stporter
    Options
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this one :)
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Thx for posting.
  • asherid
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thank you!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to try this! Thanks for posting!