Stop absorbing so much light!

13»

Replies

• littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    OH MY GAWD. I had NO idea sunlight made me fat. Geez maybe we're all just vampires drinking cows blood....because paleo.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    But, isn't opening and closing the refrigerator door exercising?

You just know we will soon be seeing fridge doors that open at the touch of a button, don't you

I'm old enough to remember when you had to get up and walk 10 feet to turn the TV channel over
    Those were the days.

Color, or black & white?

Family had a colour TV, but I got my first Black and White portable when I was 16. The amount of times I had to get up to turn the channel over or to adjust the wire aerial, it's no wonder I was skinny!

I know, right? Luckily there were only four channels, rather than the 3,418 we have to sort through these days!

I didn't have to worry about getting up to change the channel, we only got ONE channel! (if the clouds weren't too thick and the wind was blowing just right. :tongue: )

We had three channels, but our atenna was on the roof. I had to climb up there many a time to adjust.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    If sunlight is the problem why are there people starving in Africa??
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Is that a euphemism for eating too many calories?

EL OH EL
    DISSSS
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member

WAITTTT this actually could make sense.

People who don't sleep well are more likely to reach for really crappy foods, which would logically be linked.

It seems like more so a spurious correlation though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    The link is more likely due to less sleep time which interferes with fat loss. But it does really come down to CICO.

What's up with places in the High Northern Hemisphere's like Alaska and the Nordic Countries who aren't obese, but have continuous light 6 months out of the year?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bcattoes
    If sunlight is the problem why are there people starving in Africa??

Is there sunlight at night in Africa?
  • bcattoes
    The link is more likely due to less sleep time which interferes with fat loss. But it does really come down to CICO.

What's up with places in the High Northern Hemisphere's like Alaska and the Nordic Countries who aren't obese, but have continuous light 6 months out of the year?

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Shivering??

http://www.nih.gov/researchmatters/february2014/02242014shivering.htm
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Then us around the Arctic circle or in close proximity are absolutely screwed during the summer months. The sun is up all night or nearly all night.

Suddenly, it all becomes clear.

walrus.jpg
    Cute.

Thanks. And I didn't even do my hair.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Hey, does this mean I can sue the council then?!!! We have a street light outside our bedroom window, must have been that which has made me put the weight over all these years. (Nothing to do with all the fizzy drinks, crisps or general overeating after all!!!)
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Sun bathing can be a obesity marker too?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member

IDEA Fitness member

Shivering??

http://www.nih.gov/researchmatters/february2014/02242014shivering.htm
    I'm not shivering.