2 Be Friend or no 2 Be Friend :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Here I will add anyone... because the more support the better.

Facebook is a whole different story, since I Post a lot of personal stuff... if you do not send a message with your request then I decline or I email and say "Do I know you"..
  • FelipaJ
    FelipaJ Posts: 71
    Options
    Hmmm never had one declined, I don't think. Maybe from this point on I'll add the message, "Sooo what are you wearing?"

:laugh: too funny.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Here I will add anyone... because the more support the better.

Facebook is a whole different story, since I Post a lot of personal stuff... if you do not send a message with your request then I decline or I email and say "Do I know you"..
    Ditto.

I'll friend anybody on here (unless they're total creeper lol) but FB I have to know you (and more than just meeting one time in a bar) to accept a request.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I usually don't send a friend request unless there is something in their posts or their profile that makes me feel we have some commonality.

When I get a friend request, I usually send a thank you email and open up some kind of dialogue. Want to make sure there is some reason besides the usual attraction to my animal sexuality.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I accept any friend request on MFP but on Facebook I only accept friend requests from people I know.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    haha...maybe I just decline them because I'm not the type to coddle someone. I pretty much don't comment on any of the "oh poor me post" because I just don't get it. I'm sarcastic and I'm blunt all at the same time and as a RL friend told me yesterday, I can be pretty harsh...if she didn't love me she wouldn't understand why she was my friend. Granted there's more to that story.
    On the same token I had a friend who's fighting cancer tell me she'd rather talk to me because I don't give the 'scripted' answers everyone else gives :laugh:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL oh my gosh, I think we would get along GREAT! :laugh: I'm totally the same way. I really don't respond to most status updates of my friends... for a few reasons. Some things I don't think need to be commented on (like that they logged all their food today or have signed in for a few days), others, a ton of people have already commented so mine really isn't needed, and yet others still if I commented it would be something pretty blunt and I don't think it would be taken too well! lol

What I WILL comment on is weight loss, if I see it. If somebody has been working really hard and it is paying off, I will always comment on that because I do think that is great, and it proves that if you stick with it, you can do it too.

I've never, actually, as far as I can tell, been friended by someone who is just trying to get a higher number of friends. If I was though that would probably bug me and I might reject them.
  • FelipaJ
    FelipaJ Posts: 71
    Options
    I usually don't send a friend request unless there is something in their posts or their profile that makes me feel we have some commonality.

When I get a friend request, I usually send a thank you email and open up some kind of dialogue. Want to make sure there is some reason besides the usual attraction to my animal sexuality.

Just to let you know....I'm fighting the urge to friend you due to the attraction :laugh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I don't send out a bunch of friend requests. Maybe two since I've been on the site. I like to have something in common first as well. I like to surround myself with people who are:
    1: driven
    2: people I can learn from.
    3: doing the same workouts that I'm doing.
    4: again...driven.
  • Tonya1979
    Options
    It is always nice to have a message with a invite. I have accepted with out them though because I think the more friends that are wanting to help one another on their journeys the better. I do however check out their profile sometimes. I have had one person invite me as a friend on here and I looked at her page just to see that it looked like a teenagers myspace. Full of high school stuff and nothing to really do with weight.
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    No, i don't decline :noway: . I read their profile first and make my choice upon that....I have never declined one as of yet . When i send a friend request, i don't add a message. ooops lol:ohwell: