How long did it take to lose 2 stone? (Smaller goals)

Options
2»

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I forgot to answer the second question:

How long did it take? Exactly 100 days.
    How did u do it? By eating the same stuff I was eating before but in smaller portions (non restrictive diet). Added some cardio exercise and light weight lifting and that was it for me.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Newtons are the obscure metric weight measurement. They're not archaic. They're just not used.

they are not a unit of mass, that's why. People weigh themselves in kg in the metric system, they don't want to know the force their body exerts under the pull of gravity in Newtons.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For me, I've lost a fair bit of weight now, but it's taken a long while.

I've done it slowly and have to say I prefer it this way. I feel more in control with a slower weight loss. When I have a special occasion and I go over a bit, it's not the end of the world, because it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Just knowing that, that it's okay if there's a birthday and I just stay the same one week instead of lose, has stopped me going mad.

Slow and steady wins the race :) And I'm finding it stays off a lot better too.

But everyone's different, whatever feels right for you, and so long as you're making process, that's gonna turn out cool. Good luck!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had 18lbs to lose and it took me over 8 months of constant deficit and exercise... It slowed down significantly towards the end, but keep pushing and you will succeed!
  • laratacita
    laratacita Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Kilograms are not a unit of weight, they are a unit of mass. Mass does not change, but the pułl of gravity does. There is an Imperial unit of mass. It's used even less than Newtons.
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP for the late reply! I'm 160cm tall :) good luck with 30 Day Shred x
    P.S. Measure yourself however you want haha
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 lbs and it took just over 1 year. The first 14 took about 8 months then, once I switched to the TDEE method, I lost the other 14 in about 4 months. I think maybe I had such a hard time because of inaccurate estimates of calories burned through exercise and eating too many calories back. I've finally found my groove now through trial and error and recently upped my calories again for a .5 lb/per week loss.