Gaining weight from walking

Options
Hey, first post and i need help! I have been steadily loosing weight since my daughter was born, about two months I have been really trying to get the weight off. Well I have been loosing a pound a week, but this week in the past two days I have gained a pound a day. I am still eating in my calorie range and I am walking five days a week for an hour. Not sure why I am gaining weight now, could it be muscle? I was very inactive for a while. Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? It may be a bit of water retention from the sudden exercise. If you're still eating below your target (and on which, have you re-evaluated your TDEE/BMR after losing the weight?) and measuring accurately, it's probably not fat going up!

Absolutely brilliant loss by the way :D
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Normal daily fluctuations. You can vary up to 5 pounds a day. if you are mentally not able to accept this move to less frequent weighing. If you've upped your walking it will be some water weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, there is no way it is muscle, not from walking. Most likely it is water retention, have you noticed puffy fingers?