Help!

Charlie001
Charlie001 Posts: 354
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I need a list of foods that do not need any prep and are high in protein and low in everything else. My wife is trying to kill me with pasta.

Replies

• Eggs
    Chicken
    Salmon
    Steak
    Pork
    Beans
    Soy anything
    Nuts
    Cheese

Tell your wife to cook pasta once a week or so - rice and multigrain bread (multigrain anything) is preferred.
  • Dan54
    Dan54 Posts: 15
    I keep hard boiled eggs cooked on hand. They make great snacks.

You should try doing the cooking.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,009 Member
    Also, turkey and low-fat cottage cheese.
  • Not allowed in litchen to cook. Wife is territorial.
  • What does low fat cottage cheese taste like?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,009 Member
    What does low fat cottage cheese taste like?
    Do you know what regular cottage cheese tastes like? I can't really tell the difference. If you've not had cottage cheese at all, I can't think of anything that tastes like it. It's good with a little applesauce (unsweetened, of course).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    avacado, triscit crackers, tostito scoops with mexican salsa (black beans rinsed, one red bell pepper, corn nibs, italian dressing to taste...not to runny). carrots and hummus,
  • Quinoa is a GREAT substitute for pasta. It cooks up like rice: 2 C water to 1 C grain. Boil, then let simmer for 20 minutes. And then you have a plentiful supply of quinoa to use in lieu of rice or pasta. It is pure protien. Approx 220 calories (cooked) per cup. Stores great in the fridge. I make 1 batch a week and use it instead of starchy foods so I can eat with my (naturally slim) dear husband. Just sneak into the kitchen and boil your water when she's out.
  • Tried low fat cottage cheese. One word....YUCK!
  • I suggest that you have a discussion with your wife about access to your kitchen when you want to cook something. There's no such thing as territory when it is a house that you both live in! You have rights!
This discussion has been closed.