November Challenge

fitnewlife
fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Is anyone starting a challenge in November? I know my personal goal is to be down to 127 by January 1. My SW is 138 so that's 11 pounds in the next two months. I don't think its an unrealistic goal, 5.5 each month so I'm shooting for it.

With that being said, my November goal is to lose 6-8 lbs by the end of November.

1. I'm on a mission to increase my water, vegetable, and fruit intake. (70 ounces of water a day)
2. I plan to exercise 4 days a week, day 5 being a bonus. (Tuesday - Friday, Monday or Saturday bonus)
3. I want to make sure I get at least 6 hours of sleep every night. (right now I get between 5-6)
4. Run a 10 min mile consistently.

Well, here are my November goals. They are all short term which will help me reach my long term goals.

Replies

• Even though I started mine in October, I am trying to set a new goal for myself each month. My October goal was to lose 15 pounds. I have lost 10 so far, and go weigh in today. If I don't make it, I'm not gonna beat myself up because I am losing inches and I feel so much better. I will just have to add what I don't lose to my November amount. But my goal for November is to make it through Thanksgiving without overeating and overindulging in desserts.
  • fitnewlife
    Good luck with your weigh in. Yeah I really want to be good for Thanksgiving so I'm giving it my all now.
    Even though I started mine in October, I am trying to set a new goal for myself each month. My October goal was to lose 15 pounds. I have lost 10 so far, and go weigh in today. If I don't make it, I'm not gonna beat myself up because I am losing inches and I feel so much better. I will just have to add what I don't lose to my November amount. But my goal for November is to make it through Thanksgiving without overeating and overindulging in desserts.
  • fitnewlife
    Today starts my November Challenge. I hope to be down to 134 by the end of the month.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Ok I'm in... I'm not going to do a weight loss goal in particular.... however... my goal is to fit into one of my favorite dress pants (size 12) that I can currently get sorta on... but I can't button them... I'd like to be able to button them and be comfortable!!! I am comfy in my size 12 jeans (even my size 12 skinny jeans) but dress pants run differently

so... i'm going to continue to work out 6 days a week... and my other "challenge" is I'm going to stay away from all treats at work.... i work with a bunch of women who are constantly bringing in stuff and I've had a terrible time staying away.... I"m really going to coniously try very hard to stay away... if i do those two things I'm happy!!!!
  • fitnewlife
    Good luck with your goals. Let's work hard to reach them.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Ok I'm in... I'm not going to do a weight loss goal in particular.... however... my goal is to fit into one of my favorite dress pants (size 12) that I can currently get sorta on... but I can't button them... I'd like to be able to button them and be comfortable!!! I am comfy in my size 12 jeans (even my size 12 skinny jeans) but dress pants run differently

so... i'm going to continue to work out 6 days a week... and my other "challenge" is I'm going to stay away from all treats at work.... i work with a bunch of women who are constantly bringing in stuff and I've had a terrible time staying away.... I"m really going to coniously try very hard to stay away... if i do those two things I'm happy!!!!

Is this thread still alive? I'm sort of with you - I don't have a weight loss goal specifically - but to stay active with exercise and to back away from the sweets and treats! It would be great to have a buddy forum to check in with...

To original poster - your goal is certainly do-able and your steps are admirable. I especially like the one about making sure you get enough sleep. I should add that to my November goals.
  • fitnewlife
    I'm actually doing better with the sleep thing. I've also started doing 2 workouts a day 3 days a week. So I can't wait to see what that is doing for me. Good luck with your sweets addiction. I've suffered with that all my life.

Is this thread still alive? I'm sort of with you - I don't have a weight loss goal specifically - but to stay active with exercise and to back away from the sweets and treats! It would be great to have a buddy forum to check in with...

To original poster - your goal is certainly do-able and your steps are admirable. I especially like the one about making sure you get enough sleep. I should add that to my November goals.
This discussion has been closed.