Spam

Options
I just wanted to say thank you to the moderators. Last night after I got off work, I logged on while unwinding for bedtime. I noticed several pages of spam messages clogging the Introduce Yourself board. I was deeply annoyed with having to wade through that crap to find legitimate discussions, so I reported it. All those messages appear to be gone this morning as I log in to start my day. Again, moderators, thank you for listening.

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm not a moderator but, thank you for reporting the post instead of replying to it ;) That was the best thing to do. For anyone else who is new, please please please do not reply to spam posts (it just keeps them at the top of the page) - just report them and move on.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Yes, a definite thanks to whomever remedied that situation! There was about a page and a half of love and diet potions when I first made my intro thread. Someone wiped the slate clean only to have them back again several hours later. I see it's all tidy again now though. Thanks for hangin' tough, mods!
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm a firm believer in not feeding the trolls. I have been known to poke them with sticks when it amuses me, though. My inner child can be an impish little demon sometimes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    As mentioned any reply to spam bumps it to the top of the page. We do our best to keep it down, but sometimes they'll figure out the hours where moderation is low. Thanks for you patience and please help us keep spam down by reporting it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition